Opinions On My Final (Very Short) Girls List

I’ve finally narrowed down my girls list to names I’d actually use if I had a child (with no close family so far with similiar/the same names and that work well bilingually, sadly had to lose some stunning names for these reasons). Opinions on my final names list:

1. [name_f]Selena[/name_f] “Leni” Violet;
  2. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] “Rory” Paige;
  3. [name_f]Esther[/name_f] “Tess” [name_f]Victoria[/name_f].
4 Likes

I really like all 3 nicknames you have in mind. I haven’t seen [name_f]Tess[/name_f] for [name_f]Esther[/name_f] before, that’s lovely!
Taking in the whole name, [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my favourite overall. It’s elegant and interesting.

2 Likes

They’re all so lovely!! I love love love the name [name_f]Leni[/name_f], I think it’s so sweet and spunky, so I think my vote goes to [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. It’s a very romantic, almost dark feminine combo!

But as a full name, without nicknames involved, I love the elegant, timeless [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]! So I guess my answer on which one is my favourite depends on how often you’d use nicknames - full time, or once in a while?

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is also a great combo, the other two are just a lot more sparkly to me, and I like how they’re a bit less popular than [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]!

2 Likes

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] is also my personal favourite and has been for years I’m glad I could finally find a nickname that fit and I was absolutely in love with like my other combos :blush:!

2 Likes

Far from making that choice yet (all hypothetical) but I love all my combos atm so it will all depend on what I’m feeling when I actually have to make that decision and on whether I have more than 1 girl in the future :blush:!

1 Like

I love them all! [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is stunning :star_struck: and I think they’d make wonderful sisters!!

1 Like

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is sleek, sweet and pretty. [name_f]Leni[/name_f] is cute and unexpected

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is cool. [name_f]Paige[/name_f] grounds modern and bright [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] has a nice balance of sounds and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] is lovely

1 Like

All three are lovely and I absolutely adore [name_f]Tess[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Esther[/name_f], I hadn’t thought of that before.

1 Like

Awww my gosh :pleading_face: [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is just adorable! And so elegant. I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] too, especially with the nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! I don’t particularly like [name_f]Esther[/name_f] but with [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] it sounds so sweet! I love [name_f]Tess[/name_f] as a nickname too. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is definitely [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] though!

1 Like

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

1 Like

selena violet – big fan of the flow here and the nickname you’ve chosen for selena! i love the combined meanings of these names together, it makes for some wonderful imagery.

aurora paige – this one is my favourite of your list, as i felt the greatest spark from this name as i read through them all. i really enjoy these names both together and separately, but i’m not personally very fond of the nickname “rory” as i find it to be a bit of a mouthful, but i totally understand its appeal and associations.

esther victoria – i like these names fine on their own and i think they flow very well together here! “tess” is a unique choice for a nickname which i can appreciate, though i am personally more keen on the “este” option! also, the meaning of these names together is totally stunning.

great, strong list!! love the themes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]. I like [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as a nickname better than [name_f]Leni[/name_f] or [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. (If you use [name_f]Selena[/name_f], I prefer the nickname Lena.)

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts-

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] ‘Leni’-Selena [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a pretty combo. I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] in general. [name_f]Selena[/name_f] is a perfectly nice name that I just can’t get on board with. I think that it feels too modern for my tastes or something, but again, it’s not at all unpleasant. The nn [name_f]Leni[/name_f] is cute, even though it is kind of a stretch. I say [name_f]Selena[/name_f] ‘Suh-lee-nuh’ but [name_f]Leni[/name_f] ‘Lehn-ee’. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you say ‘Suh-lehn-nuh’?

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] ‘Rory’-I don’t care much for [name_f]Paige[/name_f], and it feels very bland next to the romantic, feminine elegant [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would be stunning. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is beautiful & [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is kind of cute as a nn, but I personally find this name hard to say. [name_f]May[/name_f] just be my issue.

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] ‘Tess’ Victoria-I am in love with [name_f]Tess[/name_f], and think that the old fashioned strong [name_f]Esther[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f] is such a cute idea. Not sure I love the flow of [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], but I do like that it’s an unexpected combo.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely thought of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and it’s a long time until I make these kinds of decisions so you never know and the nicknames in our culture are usually directly for family use and everyone else goes by their full name so [name_u]Rory[/name_u] won’t be a problem within the family at least.
[name_f]Leni[/name_f] is definitely a bit of a strech for [name_f]Selena[/name_f] but if people can use [name_f]Lena[/name_f] which is also pronounced like [name_f]Leni[/name_f] then I guess it could work and I mostly intend to use it in a different language so it makes sense.
I personally don’t mind the flow of [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and middle names aren’t really used on a day to day basis.

I adore [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and [name_f]Selena[/name_f], though not [name_f]Leni[/name_f]. I think of Riefenstal (sp?). I prefer [name_f]Lena[/name_f].

Aurora/Rory is nice.

Esther/Tess are nice too!

1 Like

No clue of who that person is must be too young for that, love [name_f]Lena[/name_f] too but have a close family member thatn goes by that as a nn for [name_f]Elena[/name_f] but thanks for the suggestion.

[name_f]Leni[/name_f] R. made movies for Hitler.

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts…

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] ‘Leni’ ~ I like [name_f]Selena[/name_f] she’s feels unexpected, has a glamorous sassy vibe and a lovely meaning that feels dreamy. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a wonderful middle name for [name_f]Selena[/name_f] the overall combination is lovely and I like the nickname [name_f]Leni[/name_f].

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] seems to be getting lots of love at the moment and I understand why she’s bright, princess choice with nature associations. [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is a fun nickname and I think [name_f]Paige[/name_f] provides a tomboyish vibe. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] combination.

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Esther[/name_f] is a lovely biblical name with starry associations such a gorgeous choice. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] is a fun nickname that feels very unexpected. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this overall choice. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is a lovely name my own actual name and I love my name but the flow is a little off with [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. Still overall very classic choice.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] :dizzy:

1 Like

Love “Rory” for Aurora

Blushing about the nn “Tess” on Esther. Esther by itself is great but “Tess” really brings it into the 21st century.

This set is so cute because the full names are all very elegant and feminine but the nn are spunky and almost gender-neutral. Love the vibe a whole lot!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Selena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - beautiful name!

1 Like