Opinions on Naviya

Hello! I have been searching for arabic and indian/sanskrit names for my future child. I always come across the name Naviya, it means young one, or praise. My sister and I love the pronunciation Nah-via like [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] with a v. I really love the soft sound. What are your opinions? It can be spelt Navia or Naviya, which I think will be pronounced more correctly. I don’t mind the [name_f]Navi[/name_f] fairy association from [name_f]Zelda[/name_f].

1 Like

I like Navia and think that’s the speller to opt for because it helps distinguish it more from [name_f]Nadiya[/name_f] since they are similar names. I also love [name_f]Nyla[/name_f]! What do you think about that name?

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Salma[/name_f]
[name_u]Devi[/name_u]
[name_f]Indira[/name_f] (I adore this name)
[name_f]Myra[/name_f]
[name_f]Priya[/name_f]
[name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_f]Anika[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pia[/name_f]

[name_f]Nyla[/name_f] is cute. I love [name_f]Zara[/name_f] and [name_f]Amara[/name_f] from your list. I tend to gravitate to names ending in ara, ava, laya ect. There seems to be many spelling of Naviya, including Navya, Navia, Naavya, Naavia. I do like the simplicity of Navia, but it could be mispronounced as [name_u]Navy[/name_u]-ah. I suppose they all could be mispronounced. Some other names I’m considering are:
Inara
[name_f]Naiara[/name_f]
Nilaya
Nalana
[name_f]Nehara[/name_f]
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f]

1 Like

Are there any other opinions or comments?

Naviya is beautiful, and I prefer this spelling.

P.S. - I also love [name_f]Soraya[/name_f], [name_f]Halina[/name_f] and [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f] from your signature.

I think I prefer the spelling Navia. People might get confused about the order of the i and y (Navyia instead of Naviya). Simpler might be better. I think there will be some who pronounce it navy-uh regardless of the spelling, but it would be an easy correction and not hard to remember. I love the sound of the name! From your list, I really like the sound of Indara.

Other names you might like:
[name_f]Asha[/name_f]
[name_f]Rania[/name_f]
[name_f]Adara[/name_f]
[name_f]Inaya[/name_f]
[name_f]Nazira[/name_f]
Safiya
[name_f]Sameria[/name_f]

That you all for your comments, yes I love the sound of Naviya, I also am considering [name_f]Asha[/name_f], as mentioned. Let me know if there are other names that you think will fit my style. Indara is beautiful as well.

I love Naviya. It is really beautiful and I hope thag you will use it. [name_f]Nyla[/name_f] is beautiful, too.