Opinions on the name Eliana?

Really liking this name. I think it would be a wonderful way to honor my mother. Her name is [name]Anabela[/name]. I’m not really a fan of using [name]Anabela[/name] as a first name though, as I think it sounds a bit dated so why not use a variation :slight_smile:

A few questions…

Would you pronounce it [name]EL[/name]-E-[name]AH[/name]-NAH or [name]EL[/name]-E-[name]ANNA[/name]? I prefer the first.
Does this name make you think of a Spanish girl? I’m not Spanish, it was just my first thought when I saw it.
[name]Do[/name] you like the mn [name]Brooke[/name] paired with it? Personally I think [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] flows beautifully. What do ya’ll think? Also, would love some more middle name suggestions :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] for fun:What name would you give [name]Eliana[/name]'s twin sister?

Excited to hear all your responses! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Eliana[/name]! Very sweet sound without being overly frilly. And with the nn [name]Ellie[/name] as a possibility, I can picture it working with many different personalities. I agree with you that [name]El[/name]-e-ah-nah is a nicer pronunciation and I think it flows naturally from the spelling as well.
I don’t think of a hispanic girl at all when I see the name, I think it works for all different ethnicities.
And yes, [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] flows very nicely! Some other ideas:
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Shay[/name]

And for a twin sister? Hmmm…
[name]Eliana[/name] & Lennae
[name]Eliana[/name] & [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] & [name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] & [name]Adelaide[/name]

[name]Eliana[/name] is pretty, but it is not my style. I like [name]Mae[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Camille[/name], and [name]Adelaide[/name] from your other names.

I love it and it is on my list. I also pronounce it [name]El[/name]-e-ah-nah. I like the nn options of [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Elia[/name].

I am not a fan of [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Brooke[/name], or [name]Brooke[/name] at all for that matter. I do like the mn combos suggested by the first poster.

If you like it paired with a one syllable, less frilly name, I like [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Paige[/name] more than [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Brooke[/name].

There’s an [name]Eliana[/name] who lives across the street for me back home–she pronounces it [name]Ellie[/name]-ah-na. Her sister’s name is [name]Johanna[/name], which is a bit matchy but still nice. I really like the name.

I love it! I used to work with a girl called [name]Eliana[/name] and I always thought she had a lovely name! I pronounce it [name]Ellie[/name]-ah-na

My oldest daughter is Elleana (pronounced [name]Ellie[/name]-ah-na), I spelled it that way because I wanted to be able to call her [name]Elle[/name] (“L”) as a nickname. I get many compliments on her name, and of course I love it no matter what. :slight_smile:

My second daughter’s name is Averly (the beginning of the name pronounced the same as the beginning of the word “avenue”. I think their names sound very nice together.

Now I am on the hunt for another girl name as I am due for baby girl #3 in a couple weeks.

Good luck to you!

[name]Love[/name] it! It’s on my list too :slight_smile:

I love it and think [name]Emilia[/name] would make a nice twin name.

I pronounce [name]Eliana[/name] like [name]Ellie[/name]-ahna. I think it’s a lovely name! I know a 2 year old named [name]Eliana[/name]. She doesn’t go by any nicknames.

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] is a nice name pairing.

[name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name] would be too close to be twins. I think [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] would be a nice sibset.

[name]Eliana[/name] is not my style, but those types of “liquid names” are definitely very on-trend.

I pronounce it [name]EL[/name]-E-[name]AH[/name]-NAH. The name [name]Brooke[/name] is nice and it’s not bad as a middle name, but I think some of the other suggestions like [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Mae[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Paige[/name] work better.

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Reese[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Liv[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]/[name]Maple[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]

I pronounce it ell-ee-[name]AH[/name]-nah. And while I’m a bit biased because I love the name, I really like [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name] as twins.