Opinions on these more unusual options?

[name]Hero[/name]
[name]Tosca[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] (yes, for a girl! It is listed as unisex and has a girly meaning!)
[name]Prairie[/name]

First of all, I love that you’re going for unusual options. They’re can only be so many [name]Kaylee[/name]'s, [name]Taylor[/name]'s and [name]Britney[/name]'s in the world.

[name]Hero[/name]—Yikes! I don’t think i’d ever use this for a girl or a boy. I’m all for unique names, but this one might be a little too unique—it’s only really a name at all.
[name]Tosca[/name]—again, this one crosses the line i think.
[name]Astrid[/name]—I really like this one. It’s unique but it still sounds like it’s a girls name :slight_smile:
[name]Lux[/name]— Doesn’t sound like a name…i don’t know what it sounds like. A hotel maybe?
[name]Eulalie[/name]—This ones a little hard to pronouce…it’s very exotic looking and I like that about it.
[name]Coralie[/name]****My favourite! I love this name. It’s adorable and definitely the best on the list!
[name]Jasper[/name] (yes, for a girl! It is listed as unisex and has a girly meaning!)—[name]Don[/name]'t think i’d use it for a girl. I could see it being a girls name though :slight_smile:
[name]Prairie[/name]—I love nature names, don’t get me wrong, but this one might be the only exception…somethings not quite right about it. [name]Little[/name] House on the [name]Prairie[/name] comes to mind.

I hope this helped!

[name]Hero[/name] - love for Much [name]Ado[/name], but I don’t really know how viable this as a name nowadays. It’s much more prevalent as a word than a name, and the word doesn’t really have the poetic qualities that most of the successful word names being used now do. I keep thinking of the character “[name]Hiro[/name] Protagonist” from [name]Snow[/name] [name]Crash[/name].

[name]Tosca[/name] - I love the opera, but the name has so many harsh elements. What about [name]Floria[/name]?

[name]Astrid[/name] - love love love this. More usable than [name]Pippi[/name] and more creative than [name]Annika[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lux[/name] - has a really hyper-Catholic religious feel; I wouldn’t go with it unless hyper-Catholic is what you want.

[name]Eulalie[/name] - cute and spunky, good nickname options.

[name]Coralie[/name] - love love love–can’t say enough good things about any of the [name]Cora[/name]- names.

[name]Jasper[/name] (yes, for a girl! It is listed as unisex and has a girly meaning!) - not crazy about it for a girl–I don’t see why the boys can’t have a gem name too! The -er ending is very much masculine to me.

[name]Prairie[/name] - I think this is really sweet, but it is definitely very out there–maybe works best as a middle name.

[name]Hero[/name]: I like it, but it’s a lot to live up to. I definitely prefer it for a girl, though.
[name]Tosca[/name]: Reminds me too much of “mosca,” which means fly (insect, not zipper or aerial activity) in Spanish.
[name]Astrid[/name]: Meh. It’s okay, but I like [name]Eulalie[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name] more.
[name]Lux[/name]: Reminds me of the Luxor.
[name]Eulalie[/name]: Very euphonious. I like it.
[name]Coralie[/name]: One of my favorite names. I will never end up using it because it sounds silly with my last name, but I think it’s a great name.
[name]Jasper[/name] (yes, for a girl! It is listed as unisex and has a girly meaning!): I really don’t think it sounds at all feminine, and I’ve only ever met guys named it, so you are setting a girl up for a lot of inconvenience.
[name]Prairie[/name]: Reminds me of [name]Prairie[/name] [name]Dawn[/name] from the Muppets and [name]Prairie[/name] Home Companion. While I don’t have anything against those references, it just doesn’t sound like a name.

[name]Hero[/name]: Because I think of a superhero, I don’t think it would be a good name for someone who’s on the whimpy side; it feels like a lot to live up to.

[name]Tosca[/name]: I think of the opera, but I also think of a restaurant with this name.

[name]Astrid[/name]: There was a joke on the sitcom “The Office” in which the name “[name]Astrid[/name]” was mistaken for “a$$ turd,” so that’s all I think of now. :frowning: I think this name is ripe for teasing.

[name]Lux[/name]: It reminds me of Luxe and Deluxe, two names that have a stripper vibe to me.

[name]Eulalie[/name]: I think this is a great name!

[name]Coralie[/name]: I think this is beautiful!

[name]Jasper[/name] (yes, for a girl! It is listed as unisex and has a girly meaning!): It’s a boys’ name to me…

[name]Prairie[/name]: I actually think this is cute. If I remember correctly, there’s a little girl named [name]Prairie[/name] in The Ballad of [name]Lucy[/name] Whipple.

My favorites: [name]Eulalie[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name], but I can also appreciate [name]Prairie[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Hero[/name] ” [name]Hero[/name]”s actually very nice, and I find the mythology story quite tragic and lovely. When I had first heard this name, I disliked it greatly; but I”ve warmed up to it since then. (:
[name]Tosca[/name] ” Not sure how this is pronounced, but it”s okay.
[name]Astrid[/name] ” I love [name]Astrid[/name]. It”s beautiful. :smiley:
[name]Lux[/name] ” [name]Lux[/name] is lovely as well; have you heard of [name]Lux[/name] in ”The Virgin Suicides”?
[name]Eulalie[/name] ” [name]Eulalie[/name] is stunning. I really love it.
[name]Coralie[/name] ” [name]Coralie[/name]”s nice.
[name]Jasper[/name] ” I prefer [name]Jasper[/name] for a boy. I actually find it quite masculine; I wonder if the Twilight connection has made it more popular…?
[name]Prairie[/name] ” [name]Prairie[/name]”s nice; very darling. :smiley: But, then I think of [name]Prairie[/name] Dog, and it”s sort of damaged…

Interesting choices :slight_smile:

[name]Hero[/name] - My daughter had a boy named ‘[name]Hiro[/name]’ in her nursery class, short for Hironori (or something like that - he was Japanese). Very cool name (for a boy).

[name]Tosca[/name] - never heard of it, although makes me think of a paint colour.

[name]Astrid[/name] - My husband and I love this name, but when we ran it past our daughter she said “Mommy, it sounds a bit like ‘asteroid’, actually Mommy, it sounds really like ‘asteroid’!”

[name]Lux[/name] - Would make a cute nn for something longer, don’t know what though.

[name]Eulalie[/name] - I don’t really get the appeal of this one.

[name]Coralie[/name] - [name]Pleasant[/name].

[name]Jasper[/name] (yes, for a girl! It is listed as unisex and has a girly meaning!) - No, definitely not for a girl!

[name]Prairie[/name] - Cute, but maybe too cute? Reminds me of ‘[name]Prairie[/name] [name]Dawn[/name]’ from [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name].

Good luck!