Opinions on these names/story?

So I read this book called [name_u]Bird[/name_u] Talk where it translated bird noises into [name_f]English[/name_f] words, and for some reason this one page was really funny to me, so I decided to turn it into a story about a family having a communal existential crisis xD Also, I don’t remember which birds these are, but if anyone can tell based on the translations let me know! I gave the family Shakespearean names since a friend mentioned that the whole situation felt very Shakespearean to her for some reason, and their last name is Byrde, because I felt like I kinda had to lol

DH: [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] [name_m]Florizel[/name_m] Byrde (We see it, we hear it, we feel it, what of it?)
DW: [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] Byrde (Dear, dear, too true!)
DD1: [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] Byrde (I’ve actually forgotten-- I’ll check the book in a couple of days xD)
DD2: [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_m]Cymbeline[/name_m] Byrde (YANK YANK)

They also have a neighbor named [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Cuttlefish whose words I forgot but is just trying to calm everyone down, as well as Orlando’s brother, who is referred to by everyone as Uncle [name_m]Fred[/name_m] (he’s never had much luck correcting people with an annoyed “It’s [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]”. Uncle [name_m]Fred[/name_m] was inspired by the common nighthawk, whose words are “Pork, beans”).

1 Like

These names are lovely. So so so bird-y and Shakespearean… and I love it! [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] Byrde is a particularly gorgeous name, through and through. Really nice.
Since all of their first names are so obviously bird-forward, I might change the last name to something like [name_m]Byrne[/name_m] myself—close to but not quite Byrde. That’s really just my personal take though. I think Byrde certainly works as well. Fun idea for a story, absolutely!!

1 Like

Thank you! Changing the surname to [name_m]Byrne[/name_m] is a lovely idea, actually-- I was wondering if Byrde was too spot-on. And yes, [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is a favorite of mine, as well as [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] [name_m]Florizel[/name_m], since it works so well and I have trouble coming up with masculine names other than [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] (it’s truly a wonder, the number of my characters that are named [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] lol)