Opinions on this boy name?

[name_m]Eduardo[/name_m] [name_m]Jos[/name_m]é “[name_m]Tito[/name_m]”

My S/O and I have been struggling to decide on a boy name and last night he mentioned loving the name “[name_m]Tito[/name_m].” I did some research and discovered that “[name_m]Tito[/name_m]” in Puerto Rican culture is actually a nickname for a son who shares the same name as his father. Since it is tradition in his family for the first son to be named after the father, we thought my S/O’s name ([name_m]Eduardo[/name_m] [name_m]Jos[/name_m]é) would be a great option and we’d call him [name_m]Tito[/name_m] as a nickname to avoid any confusion.

What do you think?

[name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

I love that idea!

That’s pretty cute. I’m sure your husband would be bursting with joy too :slight_smile:

[name_m]Tito[/name_m] is super cute!

Adorable all around!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you live in an English-speaking country? Because if yes, I think [name_m]Tito[/name_m] is bound to get teased. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t get me wrong, I think it sounds cute, but it’s way too close to “tits” to avoid teasing. And it depends on his sense of humor if it’ll bother him or not. If it does, he might start going by [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m]. Would that bother you? Though he could also go by [name_m]Ed[/name_m]/[name_m]Eddie[/name_m] or something like that.

Thank you! Me too :blush:

Yes he’s IN [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] with the idea! And after being so hard on all of his favorite choices I think this is the compromise we need!

I completely understand your point and you are right! I should’ve clarified. He’ll only be [name_m]Tito[/name_m] to friends and family, but [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m] in school and pretty much everywhere/anywhere unless he decides otherwise! I’m also okay with [name_m]Ed[/name_m], [name_m]Eddy[/name_m]/[name_m]Eddie[/name_m] too if that’s what he wants. Thank you for pointing this out, though. It’s important to consider how kids will treat each other!

Thank you!!

I think [name_m]Eduardo[/name_m] is classic and very usable, and [name_m]Tito[/name_m] makes it more modern and sweet and handsome.