Opinions on Vivienne? Too popular?

I really like the name [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and I would pronounce it with the emphasis on the -ENNE. But it is becoming popular especially seeing as [name_f]Angelina[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] named her twin this name.Is it too popular? I think that [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] is a cute nickname but any other suggestions as well as opinions? Thanks!

I think [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] has always been a pseudo-popular name (I know them of all ages. Spelled that way or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u].) But I don’t see it ever reaching annoyingly popular status. I think it’s more a classic.

Ditto…even with “celeb status” it’s still very usable…and gorgeous!

Thank you! I love the name and wanted one that is special rather than really popular and your opinions have helped!

A really lovely name but it does seem to be getting really popular - met a few little [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]'s recently. But it is a very lovely name and you really want to use it - then I would :slight_smile:

I have never ever met a [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] or any other spellings before. I have this name on my list but I will only use it as a middle name.

My husband and I just named our daughter [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]. While it’s becoming a little more used, we haven’t come across any others yet. I just think it’s a unique, classic name and has so much flexibility. She can be [name_f]Viv[/name_f], [name_f]Vivie[/name_f] or [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. We also like to call her Vivsie.

Some other variations I liked (but the hubby ixed) were [name_f]Vivica[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivia[/name_f].

A few other names that have the same feel (I think anyway) for thought:

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Blanche[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
Isabette
Clairetta

It was ranked #322 in 2012. I’m not sure how that would be too popular. I doubt it’ll ever be a top 100 name. Maybe not even top 200.

Thanks for responding everyone! Aw Vivsie is so cute as is [name_f]Vivia[/name_f]! I love those nicknames and congratulations on the birth of your little girl. I know that it is not that popular but I like unusual names so I didn’t want one that loads of babies will have because my name is popular and I’d prefer a unique one.

I haven’t met any little girls named this yet and I come across a lot of kids where I’m working. I like the name, I just prefer the [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] spelling. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is a little too frilly for me personally.

I meet hundreds of kids at my work, and I have not yet met a [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]/[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/[name_u]Vivien[/name_u] yet (though I heard a mother mention one once). “Popular” on Nameberry seems to mean “more than 100 kids in the U. S. got this name last year”, which does not equal real world popular. Actual popular names I encounter are [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], and [name_f]Grace[/name_f], with the occasional [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. I agree with previous posters that [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]/[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/[name_u]Vivien[/name_u] is a classic, and it’s one of my personal favorites. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry about the stats—it could crack the Top 100, but it would probably fall back down, like [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] did in the '90s.

I have seen several on reality tv, like House Hunters. I think it will definitely increase in popularity. Hopefully it will not flood the market because I love hearing it now.

Thank you all ever so much for your responses. It is true that names appear more commonly on NB than they do in RL. Thanks again for the reassurance.

Have never met a [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and I live in a city where people like to use more unique names. I love love the name and would use it myself if our last name did not begin with a V. Use it!

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]…
I adore this name, she’s really elegant and has this very timely feel. I really don’t think that [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is rising in popularity, in all honesty she’s a classic. Thus feel that even if she does become ‘popular’ she won’t be popular in a negative way she’ll be popular in a timeless way like names like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I also love the nickname [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is lush, use her!

Thank you @happymama1 and @tori101. You’ve helped to reassure me and I love the name too!

I’m liking [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f] as a combination so my worries are easing!