opinions on William Atticus

I have changed from [name]Atticus[/name] [name]James[/name] to [name]William[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] due to my daughters name being [name]Addison[/name]. My husband did not really like [name]James[/name]. Please give me feedback. [name]William[/name] means strong willed warrior and protector. It is kinda common but yet sounds strong.

Wow. This is the first time I have ventured onto the boards here and the first post I see is this one. What’s so stunning is that is EXACTLY the name we consider first on our list. I love the name. “[name]William[/name]” is a family name for us and “To Kill a Mockingbird” is this nerd’s favorite book; [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] is an amazing literary character.

So I love the name. What worries me about it is how very, very popular [name]William[/name] is right now.

That is funny. I really wanted to go with [name]Atticus[/name] as a first name but it is too similar to [name]Addison[/name] which is my daughter’s name. I think combining a rare and different name with a common name is good. I honestly do not know anyone named [name]William[/name]. I know some [name]Wills[/name], [name]Billy[/name], etc. but no one that really goes by [name]William[/name]. There is also an actress that used [name]William[/name] [name]Atticus[/name].

[name]William[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] is a very handsome name! [name]William[/name] is one of my favorite boys’ names. It is very popular, but that is because it is such a classic. If you call your son [name]William[/name], he will stand out. If I had a son named [name]William[/name], I think I would call him [name]Will[/name] most of the time. But I know of a young. [name]William[/name] who always goes by [name]William[/name].
I love [name]Atticus[/name] in the middle name slot. [name]Atticus[/name] is such an admirable and kind character in “To Kill a Mockingbird”. [name]Atticus[/name] is a very unusual name, so I really like the idea of putting it in the middle slot. Your son might end up thanking you for that. I think a lot of boys appreciate having names that aren’t super unusual.
The combination of a two syllable first name and a three syllable last name is stately. [name]Love[/name] it!

[name]William[/name] is a classic…and [name]Atticus[/name] is great

[name]William[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] is a very handsome choice! You cant go wrong with a classic like [name]William[/name], and who doesn’t love “To Kill a Mockingbird”. I agree about pairing a classic name with a more unique one, keeps the name fresh and not too out there.

I just love it, there’s nothing else to say.

I think it’s really perfect. What a great name. You can’t go wrong with [name]William[/name] (I love [name]William[/name]!) it is such a classic! And as others have said [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] is one of the best literary characters of all time! Great choice!

Oooh! I love [name]William[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]! I think it’s amazing! :slight_smile: I’m really happy that you were able to find a place for [name]Atticus[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]William[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] is a really nice name. Go for it!

[name]Love[/name] it!