opinions please...

I am not pregnant YET, but hope to be by February or [name]March[/name]. Anyway, we have come up with a name for a boy and a name for a girl. I would love to know what you think about them and also suggestions of other names…I would like to have a few options on hand just in case one seems to “fit” more than another. Either or both gender names welcome.

Boy: [name]Milo[/name] [name]Huckleberry[/name]
Girl: [name]Stella[/name] Rhiani ([name]Ree[/name]-AHnee)

I’m not sure what our style is, but super traditional names don’t interest us much ([name]John[/name], [name]Ann[/name], etc.)
Our last name is two syllables, begins with a P and ends with an S.
Thank you all!

I love both [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]-- I think they also work great together as a sibling set! I’m not as much of a fan of their middle names though.

Here’re the problems I foresee:

Rhiani is pretty, and its rhythm flows beautifully with [name]Stella[/name], but it sounds a bit made up and will likely have some pronunciation issues. Additionally if you say [name]Stella[/name] Rhiani out loud enough it ends up sounding like Stellery (rhymes with celery) [name]Ani[/name]. I don’t think these are breaking points, just something to think about!

[name]Huckleberry[/name] is most definitely going to get people talking, and most people probably won’t like it. As long as you don’t care what people think then all the more power to you! If you are going to do something “out there”, the middle spot is the place to do it! [name]May[/name] I ask why you chose this name?

(By the by, I had a friend in HS whose name was [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Huckleberry[/name] and he went by [name]Huck[/name]. He was a very cool guy and I always liked the name [name]Huck[/name] by itself.)

Good luck making that baby! :smiley:

[I love both [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]-- I think they also work great together as a sibling set! I’m not as much of a fan of their middle names though.

Rhiani is pretty, and its rhythm flows beautifully with [name]Stella[/name], but it sounds a bit made up and will likely have some pronunciation issues. Additionally if you say [name]Stella[/name] Rhiani out loud enough it ends up sounding like Stellery (rhymes with celery) [name]Ani[/name]. I don’t think these are breaking points, just something to think about!

[name]Huckleberry[/name] is most definitely going to get people talking, and most people probably won’t like it. As long as you don’t care what people think then all the more power to you! If you are going to do something “out there”, the middle spot is the place to do it! [name]May[/name] I ask why you chose this name?

(By the by, I had a friend in HS whose name was [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Huckleberry[/name] and he went by [name]Huck[/name]. He was a very cool guy and I always liked the name [name]Huck[/name] by itself.)

Good luck making that baby! :D[/quote]

Stellary [name]Ani[/name] is hilarious! I was originally thinking [name]Rhian[/name] for the middle name, but a have a very dear friend whose name is Ahnnie (AW-nee) and I want to honor her. However, [name]Stella[/name] Ahnnie doesn’t flow well for me. So, Rhiani IS made up…I may have to continue brainstorming ways to include my friends name.
As for [name]Huckleberry[/name], it was my husband’s idea, which is interesting because he is such a city person. I think it’s charming though, and I could foresee a boy using [name]Huck[/name]. I like the [name]Huck[/name] [name]Finn[/name] association and I think it’s a strong option that goes well with [name]Milo[/name] in a quirky way.
Thanks for the opinions and well wishes!

I love both [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]-- I think they also work great together as a sibling set! I’m not as much of a fan of their middle names though.

Good luck making that baby! :D[/quote]

Ditto! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I missed the part about you wanting more names (sorry)!

Names like [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Milo[/name]:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name]/[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]/[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Not the same style as [name]Stella[/name]:

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]

Names like [name]Milo[/name]:

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

I really love [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like them! [name]Just[/name] sayin’. =)

[name]Just[/name] a thought, though I think Rhianni is pretty cool.

You could also do two middle names to avoid the slur together.

Such as:

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Ahnnee
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Ray[/name] Ahnnee
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Ahnnee

You get it!

I love [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]! I think the middle names, while certainly not mainstream, are adorable and work well in the middle.

Hello again!

I love that you want to honor your friend! I definitely agree that [name]Stella[/name] Ahnnie doesn’t flow though. It’s very hard to get any [name]Ann[/name] name or derivation to work with a name that ends with -a! I’ve been having the same problem in fact! :slight_smile: Then again my name ends in -a and my middle name is [name]Ann[/name] and it’s not too horrible.

I agree with a previous poster that adding another short mn with Ahnnie might help. Of course anything before Ahnnie will end up aliding so be sure to say things out loud to check whether it sounds acceptable to you or not.

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Ahnnie
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Ahnnie
*[name]Stella[/name] [name]Joy[/name] Ahnnie
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Hope[/name] Ahnnie
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name] Ahnnie
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Blair[/name] Ahnnie
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Gwen[/name] Ahnnie
*[name]Stella[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Ahnnie (I like [name]Stella[/name] [name]Claire[/name] together-- “bright star”)
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Fleur[/name] Ahnnie
*[name]Stella[/name] [name]May[/name] Ahnnie
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Rain[/name] Ahnnie

*= the ones I actually think sound okay.

In case you can’t find anything you like to combine with Ahnnie, here are some other variations of her name:

[name]Chaanach[/name] (according to babynamewizard.com, [name]Ana[/name] is the Anglicized version of this)
[name]Chanah[/name]
[name]Hanna[/name]
[name]Sonia[/name]
[name]Ann[/name]/[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] – [name]Ann[/name] and it’s many variations mean [name]Grace[/name].
[name]Anika[/name]
[name]Sanna[/name] (San (rhymes with can)- ah)
[name]Analie[/name]
[name]Anca[/name]
[name]Anita[/name]
[name]Analiese[/name]
[name]AnneMarie[/name]
Anuka
[name]Lisanne[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name]
[name]Nanette[/name]
Anything -anna/-ann, ex. [name]Roseann[/name]/a, Briann/a, [name]Susann[/name]/a, [name]MaryAnn[/name]/a
[name]Vivianne[/name]
[name]Christiana[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
Daciana
[name]Dulciana[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Jolana[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
Kiriana
[name]Jordana[/name]
[name]Shoshana[/name]
[name]Sylvana[/name]

Here’s a couple more names that also mean [name]Grace[/name]:
[name]Charis[/name]
[name]Gracia[/name]
Lavanya
[name]Thalia[/name]

Whew!
Let us know how your search goes!

(By the by, [name]Milo[/name] [name]Huckleberry[/name] is really growing on me!) :slight_smile:

Aww, I love [name]Milo[/name] [name]Huckleberry[/name]! [name]Milo[/name] is my dogs name, and now I’m kind of wishing I’d have saved it for my future son. [name]Stella[/name] isn’t my absolutely favorite. It’s kind of kitschy and reminds me of a waitress at a diner for some reason, thought it could be cute. I really like full names that start and end with the same letter and share a consonant. They seem to flow better…example: [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] or [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] or [name]Rylie[/name] [name]Miller[/name].

[name]Jill[/name]~
Thanks for the options! I was pleased to see that some of our faves were in your lists. I especially like [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Vivian[/name].

I may be the odd duck, here… but I prefer [name]Huckleberry[/name] [name]Milo[/name] ‘[name]Huck[/name]’ to [name]Milo[/name] [name]Huckleberry[/name]!

And I don’t think [name]Stella[/name] Rhiani is odd at all. Who cares if it’s made up? So are [name]Jaden[/name]/[name]Braden[/name]/[name]Caden[/name]/et c.! Use the name you love.

Wow dove14! Thank you for the many suggestions! I love [name]Stella[/name] [name]May[/name] Ahnnie, and [name]Stella[/name] [name]Charis[/name] is an interesting option : ) I also really liked your idea of finding substitutes for Ahnnie or searching for names that mean grace.
I am thinking of possibly using my friends middle name as inspiration too. It is Muree (accent on the “u”, Mew-[name]REE[/name]…her mother had a fondness for phonetic spellings of names). Some options with that so far are [name]Miri[/name], [name]Meri[/name], Muri, Murie, [name]Mari[/name], [name]Meiri[/name]…I just started looking, so I will probably find more.
Thanks again for such an in depth reply, I appreciate it!

Thank you! I’m sold on [name]Milo[/name] [name]Huckleberry[/name] and I still really like [name]Stella[/name] Rhiani, though I am considering other options for [name]Stella[/name]'s middle.

I love the idea of [name]Stella[/name] [name]Ray[/name] Ahnnie! Though I would spell it [name]Stella[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Ahnnie because [name]Rae[/name] is my mother’s middle name. OOOh…this could be a keeper, thanks!

Wow, I never thought of putting [name]Huckleberry[/name] first, I’ll consider it and see what my husband thinks…thanks!