Opinions please!

These are our favorite names at the moment…my husband and I are having a hard time finding a girl’s name we both like. We have a difficult last name (Cox). MN will either be [name]Rose[/name] or Kathren, which are family names. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

• [name]Arya[/name]
  • [name]Calla[/name]
  • [name]Audra[/name]

As a devoted [name]George[/name] RR [name]Martin[/name] fan, [name]ARYA[/name]! [name]Just[/name] keep in mind, people will recognize it from the books/show. If you picked it without reading [name]George[/name] RR [name]Martin[/name]'s books… well, I’d look into them first. I think [name]Arya[/name] is a cool character to name a child after, but others may not. [name]Arya[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is very pretty. I would eliminate [name]Calla[/name] from your list, because of alliteration. [name]Audra[/name] works, but I’m not crazy about it.

Have you considered any longer first names? I really like a longer first name with a shorter last name. Maybe [name]Audrina[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Calla[/name] could be a nickname?) or [name]Ariana[/name]? I’m having trouble coming up with others based on your examples, but thats a place to start.

Some names you might like:

[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

I like [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn [name]Audra[/name].

My favourite is [name]Calla[/name] - that’s beautiful. However, I’m not sure about [name]Calla[/name] Kathren because I’m not overly fond of alliteration in names. And I’m not sure about [name]Calla[/name] [name]Rose[/name] because that’d be two flower names. But - those things may not bother you.

I’m not crazy about [name]Audra[/name], but I like [name]Audrey[/name] nn [name]Audra[/name] as suggested by goodkarmavt.

I like [name]Arya[/name] when it’s pronounced “[name]AH[/name]-ree-a” - how do you pronounce it? At any rate, [name]Arya[/name] seems to go with both middle name choices. [name]Arya[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Arya[/name] Kathren sound very sweet.

Thanks! [name]Arya[/name] (pronounced like ah-ree-a) is both of our favorite. I did get it from the Game of Thrones books and love that character. Thanks for the suggestions too! I like [name]Charlotte[/name] but my husband doesn’t - he is pretty set on [name]Arya[/name] :slight_smile:

Your husband and my boyfriend should talk. He’s dying to name a daughter [name]Eowyn[/name].

We named our daughter [name]Eowyn[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]. We are expecting again and trying to settle on a girls name and have pretty much settled on [name]Arya[/name], but we are stumped on a middle name. [name]Eileen[/name]/[name]Ilene[/name] is a common family name but [name]Arya[/name] [name]Eileen[/name] just doesn’t seem to flow as well…

Good luck!

I think [name]Arya[/name] or [name]Audra[/name] Cox would sound nice, [name]Calla[/name] Cox sounds a bit harsh and is rather hard to say.

Some other ideas:

Disa
[name]Leda[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Moa[/name]
[name]Noa[/name]
Riga
Runa
[name]Sabra[/name]
[name]Tuva[/name]

I love [name]Arya[/name] and [name]Audra[/name] equally. [name]Calla[/name] is cute but not with the last name Cox.

I adore [name]Aria[/name].