opinions sought on another AM combo HELP!!!

[name]Ayla[/name] [name]Maren[/name]. WDYT???

Wow, truly beautiful name. My best friend as a child was named [name]Ayla[/name] but I’ve never met another. It’s unique but not out there, and very pretty and femenine. And [name]Maren[/name] is on my top ten list of favorites…I want to use it for my daughter one day. The two go together very well. It would be a gorgeous choice for your daughter!

I love Aila or [name]Ayla[/name]!
[name]Ayla[/name] [name]Maren[/name] sounds great!

All I hear is the word ‘ail’ so my choice would be [name]Isla[/name] [name]Maren[/name]

I’m with rollo on this… [name]Ayla[/name] looks like you were trying to spell [name]Isla[/name] differently, that’s all. Go with [name]Isla[/name] [name]Maren[/name]-- it looks original without trying too hard, and beautiful.

Personally, I think it’s beautiful. It flows nicely together and the meaning is also stunning - “moonlit sea”.
I like “[name]Ayla[/name]” (this is a real name with hebrew origins, not just another spelling for “[name]Isla[/name]”), but I would like to know if you are pronouncing it “eye-la” (I - sound) or “aye-la” (A - sound)?
It certainly fits into your prerequisites of an AM combo with at least one hebrew name, good job!

I think it is a very pretty name that would grow well with a girl<–>woman.

We’d pronounce it with Ay sound. AY-lah.

Can anyone address these concerns of DH:

1. Is the name so unusual that the child might be teased by other children?
  2. [name]How[/name] does it sound? Does it sound weird? Is it not feminine? Is it difficult to pronounce?

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

1. Is the name so unusual that the child might be teased by other children?

Because [name]Kayla[/name] is such a popular name and [name]Isla[/name] is on the rise, I think an [name]Ayla[/name] will fit right in. I personally can’t see an [name]Ayla[/name] being teased for her name…

1. [name]How[/name] does it sound? Does it sound weird? Is it not feminine? Is it difficult to pronounce?

A. It sounds like [name]Kayla[/name] to me, without the K.
B. It doesn’t sound weird to me, but because people are likely used to hearing [name]Kayla[/name], they may be confused at first, expecting a K sound up front.
C. I think [name]Ayla[/name] sounds feminine!
D. I don’t think it’s difficult to pronounce because of its similarity to [name]Kayla[/name], but at the same time, I’m guessing it may be mispronounced at times as Eye-la.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Ayla[/name] is my daughter’s name and everywhere we go people tell me how feminine and beautiful it is!