Opinions?

I’m having a little boy in [name_u]June[/name_u] and I’m really stuck for names right now. I have a short list so far, and I don’t really love any of them:

Esca [name_m]Charles[/name_m] - I’m not sure if it’s too strange or outdated.
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] - [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] was my dad and [name_f]Frances[/name_f] was my grandad. I love them both, so out of everything this one is my favorite :slight_smile:
[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]/[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] - too girly? I just really love the sound of it on a boy, and I’ve never really heard of anyone called [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] so maybe it could work? I’d rather have honest opinions from you guys before making an actual decision on these two names.
[name_m]Zane[/name_m] - [name_m]Zane[/name_m] is my current favorite boys name, but I’m kind of worried about the references to Zayn from One Direction. I mean, I love the guy but he’s not why I love the name, you know?

I prefer [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. [name_m]Zane[/name_m] is a fine, just not really my style. I would worry about Esca being constantly asked whether he said [name_m]Ezra[/name_m].

[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] sounds quite girly to me. I realize that spices are genderless, but I would definitely raise my eyebrows if I met a boy named [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]. I would have a similar reaction to [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] with an added curiosity as to whether the name was a nod to an author I rather dislike. And I can’t bring myself to suggest you spell it [name_f]Safire[/name_f], which would bring to mind a truly magnificent writer and also seems slightly more masculine.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is a very nice name. I like Esca and [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] better than [name_m]Zane[/name_m]. [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] is very feminine.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is wonderful, I love the name [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]!

[name_m]Zane[/name_m] is one of my favorites as well. It just feels cool but not trying too hard.

What about [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m]?

Sorry but [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]/[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] feels both girly and weird to me. Partly I think because of [name_f]Sappho[/name_f].

I’ve never heard the name Esca before, but my first instinct is to say “esca later”.
Does it have some significance to you?

I vote for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], it’s such a handsome but not very common name. I am sure every boy would like the great [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] reference. :slight_smile: [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any other middle name ideas? I don’t really like how [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] flows with [name_f]Frances[/name_f], honestly.
Esca is unusual, could you tell me more about it? [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is fine.
I feel that [name_m]Zane[/name_m] is very It-sounding. It’s a name as cool as you can get though, I know a cute little [name_m]Zane[/name_m] and he is is so adorable.
I don’t think [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] is too girly. I can see a handsome smarthy eastern prince, a la [name_m]Aladdin[/name_m] with that name. :slight_smile: [name_f]Saffron[/name_f], though, is definitely more suitable for girls.

Did your grandfather spell [name_u]Francis[/name_u] with an ‘e’? [name_m]Just[/name_m] because that’s normally the girl spelling.

It doesn’t have any significance no, but Esca was a character in The [name_u]Eagle[/name_u], which is one of my favourite movies :slight_smile:

Yes it was with an ‘e’