Orlando?

What do you think about [name]Orlando[/name]? Would you ever use it? What would make a good middle name?

It’s way too [name]Orlando[/name] Bloom for me and I don’t think the name is very accessible, personally.

I agree with the previous poster - I think that [name]Orlando[/name] Bloom kind of rules this name right now since he’s such a popular actor. You could try the latino/spanish name [name]Rolando[/name] (pn roh-LAHN-doh) instead, which still has the hot ‘o’ ending, but isn’t dominated by a “familiar” face. While I’m not sure what style you’re looking for in a middle name, here are some that I think go with [name]Rolando[/name]:

[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Piers[/name]
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Luis[/name]
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Adair[/name]
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Altair[/name]
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Niall[/name] (this means “champion famous throughout the land” - kind of cool meaning!)
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Blade[/name]
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Guy[/name]
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Kern[/name]
[name]Rolando[/name] [name]Pike[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] these give you some ideas!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

Coming from [name]Florida[/name], [name]Orlando[/name] isn’t my favorite name (but that’s my opinion). If you like it, go for it. I like the nn [name]Ollie[/name] for [name]Orlando[/name] instead of [name]Orly[/name]. [name]Orly[/name] reminds me of the “txt speak” O rly?!

I like [name]Orlando[/name]. It does remind me of [name]Orlando[/name] Bloom but it’s not like it’s a terrible thing. It reminds me of the book by [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] which is based on her female lover, that is something you might not like, it doesn’t bother me.

Combos:
[name]Orlando[/name] [name]Julian[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name] [name]Kingsley[/name] :sunglasses:
[name]Orlando[/name] [name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name] [name]Tallis[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name] [name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name] [name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name] [name]Damian[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name] [name]James[/name]

Oh I love [name]Orlando[/name]! It’s a family name on my husbands side, I think [name]Ive[/name] posted nearly this same topic before! I feel like it’s very romantic, and if that what you’re going for, [name]Orlando[/name] can’t be beat! I don’t think it’s too much for a boy to handle or anything like that, especially with the ingenious nickname [name]Ollie[/name]! And [name]Lando[/name] Calrisian (sp?) is a star wars character, what boy wouldn’t like that?

[name]Orlando[/name] Bloom is well known, yeah, but it’s not like he’s [name]Tom[/name] [name]Cruise[/name] or [name]Brad[/name] [name]Pitt[/name] or something. He’s not in the tabloids every day or anything like that. I really wouldn’t worry about that, [name]Orlando[/name] was a name before him, it’s different if the name was unheard of before he became famous. I don’t see why one celebrity with a historic name would make it unusable, but thats just my opinion.

For a middle name for [name]Orlando[/name], I’d say probably something classic like [name]Orlando[/name] [name]John[/name] or [name]Orlando[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. Are there any family names you’d like to use?