Oscar or Alexander?

Expecting a baby brother for sisters [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. Surname similar to [name_m]Kent[/name_m].

Currently we like:
[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (Polish spelling due to family heritage, worried sound too clunky with surname?)
or
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] (both family names, worried name lacks personality?).

We’re wanting a recognisable name that’s not too common and fits with his sisters.
We also like [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], and [name_m]George[/name_m], (can’t use these unfortunately) so any advice/suggestions welcome!

2 Likes

I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and think it has plenty of personality.

Other ideas:

[name_m]Arlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Elliott[/name_m]
[name_m]Hendrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Johnny[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Theo[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] gets my vote !

1 Like

If you want something that isn’t common, go for [name_m]Oskar[/name_m]. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is extremely common. All three of my brothers (ages 17, 16, and 10) have at least one friend named [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I also know two more Alexanders who are not their friends. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] has been in the top 30 names for the last 34 years.

Oskar/Oscar is a great name for your criteria. It’s recognizable but not especially common, and goes well with [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f].
If you’re worried the full name is too clunky, what about [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]? I like those names together.

1 Like

what about:

tate howard
tate mccoy

anderson ford

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

1 Like

Both choices are great with your girls’ names (which I love, by the way :blush:)

I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] definitely has personality but you could use the nickname Xander/Zander if you wanted something more unusual.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] nephew is [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is a family name so both of these names feel familiar to me - like them both!

I would probably use [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] with [name_m]Kent[/name_m] so not so “repetitive” but I do think heritage should trump such things. Oscar/Oskar is a fun and winsome name.

On other hand, I think I prefer [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - and specifically [name_m]Xander[/name_m] (as a nickname) - with your last name and probably with the girls’ names though both go. [name_m]Xander[/name_m] [name_m]Kent[/name_m] is so handsome!

Otherwise, how about [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]? :sparkles:

1 Like

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m], it’s a strong name, very classic & recognisable with plenty of nickname options.

Other suggestions:
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Micheal[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Fredrick[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]Brandon[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]James[/name_m]
[name_m]Ryan[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] is great! Warm but sharp, and fits with the lovely [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]!

I’d add in the suggestions of:

[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
Jasepr
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaak[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

I don’t think [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] sounds clunky.

1 Like

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] for sure honestly. IMO.

If you want a little more spunk in [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], have you considered other forms like [name_m]Alexios[/name_m] or even [name_m]Xander[/name_m]?

Other names I’d put with sis’s names:

[name_m]Irving[/name_m]
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
[name_m]Carlisle[/name_m]
[name_m]Friedrich[/name_m] /Frederick
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]! I think it fits perfectly with your girl’s names and is a great name on it’s own too. I don’t think it sounds too clunky with your surname. I kind of like the flow actually.

Other ideas…
[name_m]Augustine[/name_m]
[name_m]Connor[/name_m]
[name_m]Chandler[/name_m]
[name_f]Lennon[/name_f]
[name_m]Dexter[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Watson[/name_m]
[name_m]Edison[/name_m]
[name_m]Quinton[/name_m]
[name_m]Wayne[/name_m]
[name_m]Langston[/name_m]
[name_f]Leighton[/name_f]
[name_m]Douglas[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - it’s the best of both worlds!

I prefer the name [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and think it matches best with the sisters, though would spell it with a c to avoid it being frequently misspelled. On the other hand [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] Kemp has a better flow. So you can’t go wrong - they are both good options.

1 Like

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

1 Like

I honestly think you can’t go wrong here! Both are gorgeous names :heart_eyes:

I’m biased because my son is called Alexander and I just love it. I love the history behind it and all of the nicknames. It’s also popular (and common) but in a timeless way, so I wouldn’t let that put you off. We went with Luca as the middle, so a short L name too, which I think gives balance. I love Leo with Alexander.

I do also love Oskar. I’m currently pregnant with a girl, but if this was another little boy he would have been Oscar, so I think clearly the names have a similar vibe and are both classic. Oscar with a ‘c’ is also quite popular in the U.K. I really like Oskar Alexander. I also like Alexander Oskar (If you hadn’t considered this option). But you may want to save one of the names if this is not your last baby.

Lastly, I think both of your girls have great names and that both of these name choices would work really well with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

First of all, your daughters have gorgeous names :heart_eyes:

I adore the ideas for your son’s name. Both options sound amazing with Flor€nce and M@tilda. Your surname flows very well with [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], in my opinion.

The two names, [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], are international and recognizable, just like you wish. However, I think [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] is a little more unpredictable, and if you want a name that isn’t popular, [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] has some advantage in that aspect. However, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] from my perspective is mostly used as a middle name. For that reason, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] would also be a refreshing choice for the first name spot. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] both have multiple nicknames that you may like. [name_m]Oz[/name_m] is my favorite nickname for [name_m]Oskar[/name_m]. As a nickname for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], you may consider [name_m]Alex[/name_m], [name_m]Xander[/name_m], [name_m]Ace[/name_m], [name_f]Sasha[/name_f], [name_m]Lex[/name_m] and [name_m]Alec[/name_m], for example.

With [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] as a first name, keeping names related with [name_m]Leo[/name_m], I think you may enjoy:
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Aslan[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Lev[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Lionel[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Luan[/name_m]

Since the first option, [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], combines your top choices for a first name, that would be my choice! This name is very elegant and charming. With this choice, you get all the positive aspects of [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. You can even switch between the name, if you want.

Whatever you decide, your son will have a wonderful name! Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] with [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] the most!

For me it boils down to the length. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] follows the longer first name with a shorter middle name that [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] have while [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] goes the opposite way

I also think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] has a lot of personality! It gives me a very strong, leader image to the name

If you are wanting a less common name then I would lean more towards [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] especially with that spelling (and I will say I do prefer [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] to Oscar)

1 Like

i love both but alexander leo is a winner!! so charming and elegant! perfect match to his sisters names.

1 Like