Oswald?

thank you! I like [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] too. I prefer the meaning and I like how it’s less controversial.

1 Like

I think it would raise a few eyebrows (including mine, but only because my SO is obsessed with true crime documentaries and we watched one on JFK recently) but to be honest, I don’t think it’s unwearable/unusable. It has a sweet sound and I can appreciate that! If I were to meet an [name_m]Oswald[/name_m], the JFK assassination would definitely come to mine, but it’s an association I’d be able to break pretty easily (that being said, I’m a [name_u]New[/name_u] Zealander)

I do love the idea of [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] that others have offered!

1 Like

thank you!! I added [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] in the end anyway instead xxx

I respect your opinion. I guess, for me, the main distinction between [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] and other names like [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] is how much more unusual and distinctive the name [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] is. While there may be other prominent Oswalds out there, the only ones I’ve heard of are [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] [name_f]Mosley[/name_f] and [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] [name_m]Oswald[/name_m], so to me the name is tainted by a double-whammy of negative associations. But I understand and respect that you have a different viewpoint, and I don’t think this name would be problematic in the middle name spot.

1 Like

i understand, and i respect your viewpoint too. It makes sense. I’m not using it anymore because of the associations x

I think [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] is a great name! I didn’t think of either association until they were mentioned, although I am Canadian so that’s probably why. I don’t know how prominent [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] Molesley is in the UK, but I don’t think that people will meet the kid and automatically associate him with the historical figures. That’s just my opinion!

(Also, someone said they thought of the cartoon octopus. Thank you for bringing back that memory)

I think it’s fine. I prefer [name_m]Oswaldo[/name_m] though. But probably because I have a close family friend with this name so it sounds more familiar to me.