Otis

[name]Otis[/name] is my favorite boys name du jour. The only problem with it is that I fear people will think of it as a dogs name. What do you think?

I know a really sexy Italian designer named [name]Otis[/name]. I think a boy can make it work really well. I also like [name]Oscar[/name].

With the trend for animals to be given human names, most names are now being used for animals.

I do think of [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Otis[/name] but [name]Otis[/name] is a strong name. If you love it, use it.

When I first saw your post I didn’t think of a dog at all… Its cute!

Honestly, I have strong associations of the pug from the movie and [name]Otis[/name] Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies. My next thought is [name]Otis[/name] [name]Redding[/name]. All in all, these are pleasant associations to have with an uncommon name, though–cute, delicious, and talented.

[name]Glad[/name] to hear you don’t think those associations are a hindrance, and that not everybody thinks of dogs! And a sexy Italian designer, that’s cool! You guys are making me like it more! Yay!

I think [name]Otis[/name] is one of those names that’s hugely affected by people’s unique perceptions, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I have to admit that when I saw [name]Otis[/name], I envisioned an elderly, tattooed man wearing an undershirt while fishing with his brothers, [name]Cletus[/name], [name]Bubba[/name], and [name]Wayne[/name].

This is just me, though, but I thought I’d share… I’ll do my best to think of an Italian designer, though! :slight_smile:

Funny someone mentioned cookies. [name]Amos[/name] is on my list (Famous [name]Amos[/name]! :slight_smile:

I really like it! Its got the popular “O” thing going, but the name itself isn’t widely used.

I don’t know any babies or dogs named [name]Otis[/name], so I think you should go for it!

Mmmmm, Famous [name]Amos[/name]!

i personally think of the maker/inventor of the elevator and then of the movie milo and otis which i have seen soooooo many times due to it being a favorite of my son’s

I love [name]Otis[/name], reminds me of [name]Otis[/name] [name]Redding[/name]. I have known a few [name]Otis[/name]’ and they have all been musicians.

Haha, [name]Jill[/name], I would never think of [name]Otis[/name] the way you do! Thank you for the input, though!

[name]How[/name] cool that all the [name]Otis[/name]’ you’ve known have been musicians. I’d love to have a musician for a son!

I love [name]Otis[/name] in theory, I’m just not sure I’m brave enough. I feel like a lot of people in real like wouldn’t like it. But I think it’s really cool. Hmm, I’ll have to work on combos to find out it I really love it or not.

[name]Otis[/name] is definitely a cool guy name, and along with [name]Omar[/name] was one of my favorites. But I definitely could not convince my husband and so we ended up with the safer [name]Owen[/name]. Still miss them though, along with [name]Amos[/name]!

If [name]Milo[/name] is no longer a cat, then [name]Otis[/name] is no longer a dog. Actually I like both names for little boys. Anyways, my [name]MIL[/name] has named her two shih tzus [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name], so I wouldn’t worry about naming your child a “dog name” if people don’t mind naming their dogs “people names.” They’re all becoming interchangable at this point.