Otis?

[name]Just[/name] curious… wdyt of [name]Otis[/name] nn [name]Oz[/name]? Yea or nay?

Nay

I <3 [name]Otis[/name]. And using [name]Oz[/name] as a nickname is pure brilliance. I love [name]Oz[/name] even more than [name]Otis[/name]. I don’t think I’d use [name]Otis[/name], but that’s just because I’m a little bit chicken, I think it’s a super cool name and it reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Everclear called “[name]Otis[/name] [name]Redding[/name]”, and, of course, [name]Otis[/name] [name]Redding[/name] himself!

I don’t know where you live, but [name]Otis[/name] wouldn’t go over well in my crowd, I don’t think. If your friends and family are hip and name-nerdy enough then I’m sure they’d love it!

Yes! Another [name]Otis[/name] lover here! It’s so jazzy and understated cool, I think it’s perfect for a little boy, a teenager and a man of any age, it works on every level and [name]Oz[/name] is ingenious! If you love it go for it:)

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Thanks for the input, guys! :slight_smile:

Actually, I also happen to prefer [name]Oz[/name], and while I know it’s a legit name by itself, it still feels incomplete to me. And I know that if I went with, say, [name]Oswald[/name], I’d end up using nn [name]Waldo[/name] instead. Haha~ I figured [name]Otis[/name] would work better, and it’s a little more recognizable than [name]Ozias[/name] (which I also like). And I agree that it’s the sort of name that grows with a person. :slight_smile:

As for it going over well in my crowd…well, my family for the most part would be cool with it, and it’s just recognizable enough that kiddos’ll be warm to it, too. I’m not terribly worried about adults I don’t know because, um. It’s none if their business. Haha, so I don’t want to stress over strangers. I would just hope a little boy/young man/old fogey would like this name if it were his…

I don’t see using it myself, but if I met a little [name]Otis[/name] I’d think he had really cool parents for using that name. It makes me think of [name]Otis[/name] [name]Redding[/name]. [name]Oz[/name] is a cool nickname, too.

yay yay yay!

i [name]ADORE[/name] the name otis!

[name]Oscar[/name] nn [name]Oz[/name] or Aussie

It’s growing on me actually!

:slight_smile: