Our final 5 names - honest opinions needed!

We have finally narrowed down our list of names for our boy due in [name]October[/name]. Our last name is Castle, and the middle name will either be [name]Grey[/name], [name]Sanders[/name] (my maiden) or both. Please tell me what you think! :slight_smile:
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name] (another family name)
[name]Jensen[/name] (does this sound too girly?)

Thanks so much for your feedback! :slight_smile:

I adore [name]Holden[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Castle!!! It looks so cool :smiley:

I also love [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Castle but I instantly think of [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Pratt[/name] :twisted: yeah not good.
I pretty much like all your names except [name]Cooper[/name](idk why) but some I feel don’t go with the middle names.

Great names!

I love [name]Holden[/name] as a name…of course it has a pretty strong connotation, so I would probably avoid for it. But you have the guts, go for it! I like [name]Holden[/name] [name]Sanders[/name] I think. Also [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Grey[/name], and I think of [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Tracy[/name] first!
and I don’t think [name]Jensen[/name] sounds girly at all. Definitely all-man to me.

1 [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
2 [name]Cooper[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
3 [name]Holden[/name] [name]Sanders[/name]

[name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Jensen[/name] are not my taste. [name]Brooks[/name] sounds so harsh and [name]Jensen[/name] is too feminine for a boy in my opinion. Good luck to you!

I like [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Grey[/name] & [name]Holden[/name] [name]Sanders[/name]. I love the name [name]Brooks[/name] & I love [name]Cooper[/name], but I don’t think they go with the middle names. I am planning on using [name]Grey[/name] for the middle name of our son, due in 2 weeks. It is a family name.

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Holden[/name] and [name]Cooper[/name] (its on our list too!) but I’m not sure they fit as well with your last name…
I feel very similar to your naming style so I suggest:

[name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]

[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]

[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Greyson[/name]

My favorites from your list are [name]Holden[/name], [name]Cooper[/name] and [name]Jensen[/name].
[name]Jensen[/name] definitely doesn’t sound girly to me at all. It actually sounds very masculine to me, because I think of the Olympic swimmer whose last name is [name]Jensen[/name].
[name]Holden[/name] [name]Grey[/name] and [name]Jensen[/name] [name]Grey[/name] sound great.

[name]Holden[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is just perfect…a very masculine name that I can picture on both a little boy and a grown man.

[name]Jenson[/name]…would the nn end up being [name]Jen[/name]? that might be girly.

Thanks so much for all of the feedback! My husband now wants to add the name [name]Hayes[/name] to our list, so I guess we are looking at a Final 6 now. :wink:
I really enjoy reading all if your comments. It’s so refreshing to get honest, constructive opinions!

My favorites are [name]Spencer[/name], [name]Holden[/name] and [name]Brooks[/name]!

[name]Jensen[/name] doesn’t necessarily sound girly, but in baby name books I always see it suggested as a girl’s name, probably because of the nickname [name]Jen[/name]. I like your other choices better. I like that [name]Cooper[/name] is a family name, it’s just nms.
[name]Hayes[/name] doesn’t do anything for me. Probably because I know people with that last name, but have never heard it used as a first name.

You have a very nice short list. Good luck deciding!

I love [name]Brooks[/name], but it doesn’t seem to work with either of your middle name choices. With [name]Brooks[/name] [name]Grey[/name] they are both so short that the flow isn’t right and in [name]Brooks[/name] [name]Sanders[/name], the “s” sounds run together. Unfortunately, the same is true for [name]Hayes[/name] (another great name). Therefore my favorite is [name]Holden[/name] [name]Sanders[/name] (or [name]Holden[/name] [name]Grey[/name]) as both sound very strong and masculine.

I know an elderly woman (in her 80’s) who named a son [name]Hayes[/name] (now a middle aged man). I have always thought she was ahead of her time with that name, and I like it a lot. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Holden[/name] and [name]Jensen[/name] the best, with [name]Spencer[/name] being my least favorite.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Holden[/name] and [name]Hayes[/name].

[name]Jensen[/name] is girly imo—have friends with a dau named [name]Jensen[/name]–nn–[name]Jenna[/name]. Sorry.

All your choices are strong.

Good luck.

I would not do [name]Cooper[/name] Castle. Soundwise, it’s a bit too harsh with the repeating hard C sound, together with the strong P in [name]Cooper[/name].

[name]Holden[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Castle! [name]Love[/name] it.

I am a big fan of [name]Hayes[/name], but I think the “s” sounds in “[name]Hayes[/name]” and “Castle” are to similar. Same with [name]Jensen[/name] – I like the name (and it’s not girly – consider Formula 1 driver [name]Jensen[/name] Button), but I don’t love it with your last name.

[name]Spencer[/name] is unfortunately too tied to [name]Pratt[/name] for me these days. [name]Even[/name] if it wasn’t, it’s not my fave. Same with [name]Brooks[/name] and … sorry, I can’t remember the other (which I guess means I really didn’t love it).