Our muse is here!

[name_f]My[/name_f] wife and I had our little rainbow baby after 5 rounds of IVF. Sex was a surprise—I thought not knowing would motivate me in labor, but I was in so much pain I would have been happy to give birth to flying purple people eater by the end. We are thrilled to have welcomed a tiny and mighty baby girl (just under 6lbs). Her name is [name_f]Clio[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. We chose [name_f]Clio[/name_f] because we wanted something short and lively, not overly feminine, and with a little historical gravitas. [name_f]My[/name_f] wife and I were drawn to names from the Greek pantheon as we met due to our mutual love of [name_f]Xena[/name_f]: [name_m]Warrior[/name_m] [name_f]Princess[/name_f]. I also have a PhD in [name_m]History[/name_m], so [name_f]Clio[/name_f], the [name_f]Muse[/name_f] of [name_m]History[/name_m] and heroic poetry, seemed to be on brand. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is the name of my wife beloved late Grandmother. We used my egg, so it was important to us that her middle name links her to that side of the family.

58 Likes

Congratulations! Her name is so gorgeous! Best wishes to all of you🙂!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! I adore the name [name_f]Clio[/name_f].

[name_f]Clio[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is gorgeous - [name_f]Clio[/name_f] is the most fabulous spelling (and such a sweet tie to your academic background!!) and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is very nice as a nod to your wife’s grandmother. Wishing you and your family tons of health and happiness!! :green_heart:

Congratulations! I love her name

[name_f]Clio[/name_f] is one of my favourites! Such a gorgeous choice, and I love it paired with classic [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Congratulations :heart:

A wonderful name for your wonderful girl! Huge congratulations to you and your wife :heart:

Huge congratulations!

[name_m]Bless[/name_m] your soul I hope you recover from your birth as quickly as possible and you both adjust well on your journey of parenthood. Take it easy as birth is a challenge whichever route you take that’s why us birthing parents are warriors for sure :crossed_swords:

Cli0 Eliz@beth is such a beautiful name it’s lovely that it such a connection to both you and your wife so lovely such a lovely long awaited for blessing.

Best wishes :two_hearts:

Such a beautiful name! Congratulations!

Her name is absolutely beautiful :heart: Congratulations :sparkles::tada:

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] choice :heart: congratulations!

Congratulations! What a perfect name :two_hearts:

I love her name! It’s gorgeous. Congratulations :tada:

While I was reading I was on the verge of bursting into tears.

I really like Clio and the meaning behind Elizabeth’s choice is touching. Your whole story and the connections between your lives and your baby’s name are so moving.

Congratulations! I love how you spelled the name as well!

Congratulations on little [name_f]Clio[/name_f]! I love how you two met and wove that into picking her name. So sweet!

Congratulations!! I love [name_f]Clio[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Such a beautiful name with a sweet, fitting backstory.