Our princess Polly

See the results of this poll: please pick one

Respondents: 41 (This poll is closed)

• Polly Aphrodite Gaia: 10 (24%)
  • Polly Anya Gaia : 3 (7%)
  • Polly Annabell Gaia: 12 (29%)
  • Polly Adelle Gaia : 8 (20%)
  • Polly Antionette Gaia: 8 (20%)

I voted for [name]Polly[/name] [name]Annabell[/name] [name]Gaia[/name], but I prefer the [name]Annabel[/name] spelling. For some reason, [name]Annabell[/name] makes me think of Taco [name]Bell[/name].

Whoops, I just thought of [name]Pollyanna[/name]. I don’t think [name]Polly[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] is a good choice - sounds a lot like [name]Pollyanna[/name]. What do the other Nameberryites think?

Yes, I agree with [name]Susan[/name].

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Annabell[/name] will sound like her name is ‘Pollyannabelle’. Unless you are okay with that, I wouldn’t use it.

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Anya[/name] to me is a little ‘y’ heavy and it is a little difficult to say ‘olly-anya’. i like the names individually though, just not together.

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Adelle[/name] is cute but the 'l’s really stand out to me [name]Po/namey [name]Ade/namee. The repeating sound is okay though.

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Antionette[/name] - [name]Antionette[/name] is just so thoroughly associated with [name]Marie[/name] [name]Antionette[/name]. Personally, I just don’t like it for that reason.

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name] is my pick. It is a little exotic sounding and a bold choice. It has an interesting, unexpected flow that I am really liking. I also like how it keeps the name that her birth mother (lovingly) gave her.

‘[name]Polly[/name] Aphodite [name]Gaia[/name]’ definitely has my vote.

‘[name]Polly[/name] [name]Adelle[/name] [name]Gaia[/name]’ would be my second pick from your list.

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] got my vote :slight_smile:
[name]Polly[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] would be my close second

I chose [name]Polly[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name]. I liked [name]Polly[/name] [name]Annabell[/name] until I read the other posts about Pollyannabell. I actually don’t mind [name]Pollyanna[/name], but it might be confusing whether her name is [name]Pollyanna[/name] [name]Bell[/name] or [name]Polly[/name] [name]Annabell[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Polly[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name] there!

Another vote for the [name]Polly[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] combo. :slight_smile: I love how all three names have different ending sounds, and I love the flow! (I love [name]Annabel[/name], but I agree that [name]Polly[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] sounds like [name]Pollyanna[/name] [name]Belle[/name]…)

I love [name]Polly[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I voted for [name]Polly[/name] [name]Adelle[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] but honestly prefer the middle name spelled [name]Adele[/name]. I think the double “ll”'s throws me off.

I agree that [name]Polly[/name] [name]Annabell[/name] does remind me of [name]Pollyanna[/name]. [name]Polly[/name] [name]Anya[/name] does as well.

BTW I really [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Polly[/name]! I really like [name]Paulina[/name] with the nn [name]Pauli[/name]/[name]Paulie[/name] too.

Voted for [name]Polly[/name] [name]Adele[/name] because I think it flows the best.

[name]Cindy[/name] [name]Lou[/name],

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] - This is too much mythology in one name for me, honestly…

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Anya[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] - [name]Polly[/name] [name]Anya[/name] sounds like [name]Pollyanna[/name] to me, a lot.

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Annabell[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] - I prefer the [name]Annabel[/name] spelling, as it is simple and sweet, but [name]Polly[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] still has the [name]Pollyanna[/name] sound…

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Adelle[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] - [name]Polly[/name] [name]Adele[/name] (I like this streamlined spelling…) just sounds off to me, and I don’t know why exactly. It almost sounds like “poodle” if you say it really fast!

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Antionette[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] - [name]Antoinette[/name]. I’m not totally sold, but it seems to be the best. [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Gaia[/name] doesn’t flow that well, though…

I missed this, I guess - but is [name]Gaia[/name] a necessity? I was thinking a beautiful combination for you would be [name]Polly[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Giselle[/name].

By the way, I’m just throwing this out there, but is it true that [name]Polly[/name] means “great sorrow”? I read that and was immediately taken aback, so I just wanted to check with the Berries to see if anyone knew if that was accurate. If it does, maybe you might want to switch to [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Dolly[/name]?

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

This was tough for me! I think [name]Polly[/name] is an adorable name… but it seems like such a nickname to me and I’m not sure it grows up well. I love your strong middle names, though. [name]Just[/name] a suggestion, but maybe a more “formal” first name would work better? (Especially since many of your mn’s have a lot of history and I can’t seem to find a meaning for [name]Polly[/name]).

[name]Polly[/name] is traditionally a nickname for [name]Mary[/name]. But I could also see it as a nickname for…
[name]Penelope[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name] this- means weaver, she was the wife of Odyssus
[name]Paloma[/name]: means dove
Polla: poppy in Arabic
[name]Pomona[/name]: the goddess of fruit and trees
[name]Philippa[/name]: lover of horse

Thank you all for your ideas

We don”t want [name]Polly[/name] to be a nick names because mostly we don”t know what future holds are but think that concept of a nick name maybe over her understanding.

[name]Gaia[/name] is not a have to have we just love it and what it stands for.

As for the meaning of [name]Polly[/name] that is up for debate and we will just go with a sunny one

Thank you for the [name]Pollyanna[/name] comments I did not grow up with that story and my partner had not thought of it. We did put it on our movie list so I can see it ?

We are finishing are paper work Friday so we still have a few more day to work out wrinkles.

Again thank you all for your help and understanding of my English

I find your post easy to read, no issues with your English.
[name]Even[/name] Nameberry is tied but I really like the one that includes the birth mother choice.

[name]Hi[/name], again…

I think my issue with using both [name]Polly[/name] and [name]Aphrodite[/name] is that their end sounds are identical, the EE sound. So, they don’t flow very well to me - it gets rhyme-y! If this doesn’t bother you, then by all means use [name]Aphrodite[/name]. But you might want to consider her [name]Roman[/name] equivalent, [name]Venus[/name], as a sharp alternative. Or, note this: [name]Aphrodite[/name] is also known as [name]Cytherea[/name] (Lady of Cythera) and Cypris (Lady of [name]Cyprus[/name]) after the two places, Cythera and [name]Cyprus[/name], which claim her birth. These would make incredible names with great significance!

As for [name]Gaia[/name], you like its “earth” meaning? Other names meaning “earth” include [name]Adamina[/name], [name]Avani[/name], [name]Terra[/name], Urvi, and [name]Zola[/name]. I love [name]Zola[/name] so much I think it could be a first name! Anyway, just some alternatives for you to consider.

So, you might consider:

[name]Zola[/name] [name]Cytherea[/name] [name]Pauline[/name] “[name]Polly[/name]” or “[name]Zola[/name]”
[name]Zola[/name] [name]Cyprus[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name]

[name]Polly[/name] [name]Venus[/name] [name]Adamina[/name]
[name]Polly[/name] Cypris Gaiana
[name]Polly[/name] [name]Cytherea[/name] [name]Zola[/name]

Or something like that…

Good luck, [name]Cindy[/name] [name]Lou[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: