Our rainbow boy is here!

Thank you so much to everyone who helped us narrow down our short list of boys’ names!

Osric Theo Peregrine was born 2 weeks ago, to delighted parents and smitten sisters, Adelaide Iria, Evelina Story, and Seraphine “Seffie” Clementine.

Osric is the name of the Anglo-Saxon ruler who chartered the religious houses that would eventually become Gloucester Cathedral and Bath Abbey. We used to live in Gloucestershire and have a lot of great memories at the Cathedral.

Theo is a nod to paternal grandpa Derek, a name that comes from Theodric or Theodoric.

Peregrine just fit. It means “traveler,” something I hope we are all able to do again soon. I also love the Tolkien connection.

At the end of the day, my subconscious decided this one for me—I just started calling him “Osric” in my head one day. I loved it, hubby loved it and it stuck. To get around the “flow” problem of how it sounded with our last name, we moved the first of his double middle names to the first name spot to create a double first name instead. This way, in more formal situations, he will be “Osric Theo Lastname”, which flows much better.

Thank you all again for your support!

37 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a meaningful and stunning choice! Oscric [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is a gorgeous double first name. Goes wonderfully with your daughters’ names. Sending best wishes to your family. :heartbeat:

1 Like

congrats!! his name is beautiful as well as his sister’s!

1 Like

What a gorgeous choice, all your kids are beautifully named!! Congratulations on your newest addition :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations! He has a lovely name, and so has His sisters!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations and welcome Osric! Your children have the best names, absolutely lovely!!

1 Like

Congratulations! He has such an adventurous name! I love your choice. So unique and meaningful.

Good luck with everything!

1 Like

Congratulations! Such a beautiful and intriguing name.

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! All gorgeous names!

1 Like

Congratulations! Fabulous that you chose a name that has so much personal meaning to you.

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]May[/name_f] I just say, your choice in names is absolutely stunning! [name_m]Osric[/name_m] goes perfectly with his sisters’ names! Congratulations again, and sending lots of good vibes (and nights full of sleep!) to your family :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such an amazing name! Congrats!

1 Like

congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! Your kids have stunning names!

1 Like

Congratulations! He has an amazing name.

1 Like

Congratulations!! He (and all your kids) have fantastic names!

1 Like