Our son is 10 weeks old and his name just doesn't feel right. How do you know?

I would sit down with my husband & settle this quickly if I were you.

It really isn’t a big deal for the 10 week old, or for you adults paper work-wise, but it could make the transition to becoming a sibling more confusing for your toddler. It might be distressing to see your parents in a state of indecisiveness. I don’t know, I’m not a psychologist but I think it’s time to hash it out for sure.

Also…my daughter didn’t really inhabit her name for months. She was Booboo or whatever nonsense. It feels strange to call a baby so tiny by a big name I guess.

No matter what you legally name him I think [name]Bo[/name] or [name]Bobo[/name] could be something your son could continue calling his brother to ease the transition

Thanks for the input, everyone. We definitely aren’t looking for a new name altogether, although thank you for the suggestions.

The final name of our final 4 was [name]Charlie[/name], nickname [name]Huck[/name]. I have almost accidentally called him [name]Charlie[/name] several times in the past week, and when I mentioned it, my husband said he had been thinking that he looks like a [name]Charlie[/name] now. When I was pregnant, we were both pretty much sold on it and found it perfect in every way, until we discovered that it was shooting up the charts for girls. The last thing we want is a unisex name for him. But we are reconsidering it. I love the name [name]Bodhi[/name] more than I love [name]Charlie[/name], but it’s more important that it fits him, I think. And what to do about the toddler calling him [name]Bodhi[/name]? Maybe it will just be a “between them” nickname. I tried to get myself to like [name]Archer[/name], because [name]Bo/name would work as a cute nickname for it, but I just can’t do it. I prefer [name]Charlie[/name] to [name]Archie[/name], by about a mile. Except for the unisex factor, which brings me back to [name]Archer[/name] (because my husband is stubborn and won’t consider either of the ones I really love)… I’m going in circles.

ETA: [name]Bodhi[/name] doesn’t fit us religiously as we are not Buddhists but it does fit us in the sense that we are earthy crunchy types. Just to respond to a few of the comments earlier. :slight_smile:

[name]Charlie[/name] is a great choice. Have you settled on a middle? [name]Charles[/name] [name]Bodhi[/name] would work quite well- often a slightly more fanciful name really shines when in the middle slot with a classic like [name]Charles[/name].

We made the announcement at the family gathering on [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Eve[/name]. We were stuck between [name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] and decided to leave it up to our 2 year old. He had called him [name]Charlie[/name] a couple of times in the days leading up to the gathering. So, whichever name he spit out to the family, would be his name. We said to him “what’s your brothers name?” and [name]Bodhi[/name] it was. So the story is cute, which I think is kind of the selling point now.

Sorry I forgot about that, the middle name is [name]Gray[/name], which is in honor of my late mother (it was her maiden name) and formal name would be simply [name]Charlie[/name], neither my husband or I like [name]Charles[/name]. I have two negative associations with [name]Charles[/name], one of whom goes by [name]Chuck[/name] and one goes by [name]Charles[/name]. We adore [name]Charlie[/name], however.

Sorry, having a bit of difficulty following-- have you decided (like filled out the birth cert decided)? Is it [name]Bodhi[/name] [name]Gray[/name]? Or [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Gray[/name]?

I think both [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Bodhi[/name] would be lovely choices.