Our top 2 names at the moment - opinions & middle name options?

We’ve managed to narrow down our list and we have two names that are almost definite. We love both of these names so I reckon we’ll be choosing from them both after she’s born - depends on which one she suits them most! Our daughter is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Lulu[/name_f])

The names are:
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] (Still not 100% sure about the spelling, but we’re leaning towards [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f].)
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] has been our favourite for a while, and a few people have mentioned the movie but I’m not too concerened about it (should I be?). I’ve always said that by the time she’s born people would have probably forgotten about it anyway.

The only thing about [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is that if we named this baby [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], if we had a boy, we couldn’t use [name_m]Charles[/name_m] (NN [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]) which is the name we’ve chosen for if we ever have a son. It wouldn’t be the end of the world, but I would be sad about not being able to use [name_m]Charles[/name_m] if we ever had a boy.

Anyway, we’ve thought about middle names for both and we’ve come up with:
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

As you can see, we’re kind of all over the place with ideas! We’d love to hear what you think of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and if you have any suggestions of middle names then we’ll be happy to hear them, too!

Thanks in advance x

I love [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] for you. [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are gorgeous together. Both come with so many nicknames. I like keeping with the one-syllable middle. I’d absolutely save [name_m]Charles[/name_m]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] for a future son. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] are a great sibset.

Thank you! I must admit that I am leaning slightly towards using [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]. As we only want three kids tops, our third could be either [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and I wouldn’t have to worry about not being able to use the other. [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is also my favourite option right now actually! It’s a family name so it’s a top contender :slight_smile:

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is my favorite. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t think twice about the movie. It will be long gone and it’s not a concern. While [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is lovely, my reasoning is that is becoming extremely popular and growing more so every year. [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is still traditional while less trendy. All of your middle name choices are great options. My choice would be [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] as it has a lovely flow and also is perfectly matched to your older daughters [name_u]Rae[/name_u].

Sounds like you have made a decision!

Yup! We have!! We spent the past few days talking about it and after debating for a while, we decided we’re definitely calling her [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]!

Now just to decide on the middle name. We decided against [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Faith[/name_f], so now we’re left with:

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

These are our options atm, but we’d love some more suggestions if anyone has any!!

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - so very cute, and works perfectly with [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. This also leaves the options open for a little [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] later on! Good luck with the little munchkin - she will have a beautiful name! x

[name_u]Love[/name_u] both names. I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] goes slightly better with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] works too. I would not worry about the movie at all. I say go with [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and save [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]/[name_m]Charles[/name_m] for a potential future sib!

I think another 1 syllable middle is cute with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]:

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]!

Some mn ideas:

• [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

Definitely [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. Also love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] for future use!

I like [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] best from your list, but [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is lovely also. I have to say I for one definitely favor the [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] spelling–it’s more streamlined, classic, and sophisticated. [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] has always said to me that either the parents didn’t know how to spell [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] or were trying to smash [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] together, rather than use the lovely standalone [name_f]Annabel[/name_f].