our twin combos.. which one is best?

DH and i finally agreed on a first name for our second twin…
so it’s going to be [name]Caoimhe[/name] (prn: kee-vah) and Aibhlinn (prn: ave-linn)…
these are the combos that we [name]BOTH[/name] not only agree on, but love…
complete with easy to pronounce middle names… we’re not completely cruel parents::

[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Darcy[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Ciara[/name]
[name]Caoimhe[/name] Liadin & Aibhlinn [name]Ciara[/name]
[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Roisin[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Ryann[/name]
[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Ryann[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Teagan[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Rory[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] calisse!
First of all, I have to say I’m having a hard time with this one because all your combos are so beautiful and thoughtful! Aibhlinn gets 5 stars in my book, and complements her sister’s name so well :slight_smile:

On a first thought, I’d so go with [name]Ryann[/name] and [name]Darcy[/name] as middle names if the family significance is the highest priority for you. I do feel with siblings, especially twins, if one gets a “family” name, so should the other, to give both the same sense of connection. (Although I’m biased because [name]Ryan[/name] and [name]Darcy[/name] are also in my family tree.)

On the other hand, Liadin and [name]Ciara[/name] are stunning, and the echoed “ia” sound in the middle gives a different kind of connection to the names. On aesthetics alone, I’d pick this one.

Sorry for the long thought-process! Your daughters’ names will be beautiful, individual, and meaningful with any of these choices. Best of luck deciding, and with the delivery to come!

DH and i finally agreed on a first name for our second twin…
so it’s going to be [name]Caoimhe[/name] (prn: kee-vah) and Aibhlinn (prn: ave-linn)…
these are the combos that we [name]BOTH[/name] not only agree on, but love…
complete with easy to pronounce middle names… we’re not completely cruel parents::

[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Roisin[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Ryann[/name]
[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Ryann[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Teagan[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Rory[/name]

[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Ryann[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Darcey[/name]

But i think people are going to find the pro very hard so why not spell them how they are said : [name]Keevah[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] & Avelinn [name]Darcey[/name]
Also a great combo is [name]Keevah[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] & Avelinn [name]Rory[/name]! gd luck!!!

i suppose it was silly of me to assume that everyone would know why we chose to use the traditional gaelic spelling of these names… there were several reasons::

1. DH is irish, so we wanted to honor his heritage.
  2. we may be moving to ireland within the next couple of years and if i spell them like they sound, i’m afraid the’ll be considered “cheesy” and “americanized”
  3. [name]Caoimhe[/name] and [name]Ryann[/name] are family names
  4. DH, of course, is partial to the irish spellings… i think they’re exotic…

Great choices! I always think the original Irish spellings look so much nicer and more elegant that the anglicisations :slight_smile:

These would be my picks as I think they have the best cohesion and individually flow best :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] a quick question – I’ve always seen it spelt L”adan (as the old Irish spelling) or L”adain (as the modern Irish spelling) Is Liadin a regional variation?

I noticed the liadin spelling too and you may want to recheck that one since I’ve never seen it spelled like that.I second Eleas combos but if it was me I would tweak it slightly to [name]Caoimhe[/name] Liadan and Aibhlinn [name]Ros[/name] (a fada over the o)it just sounds more concise and solid to [name]Roisin[/name] but thats just my humble opinion.Another beautiful combo would be [name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Cait[/name](fada over a) or [name]Caoimhe[/name] Roise (another form of [name]Rose[/name] -fada again over the o.I read this one in Irish Times birth announcements last [name]Saturday[/name] and I thought it was really georgeous.The baby was from a native irish speaking town in [name]Donegal[/name] and she was just Roise([name]Ro[/name]-sha). Good luck.

I love Aibhlinn–what a great choice to go with [name]Caoimhe[/name]!! Choosing the middles are hard with your list, so many good choices. I think I’d pick [name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Roisin[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Ryann[/name] but I have a hard time letting [name]Darcy[/name] go. [name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Ryann[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Darcy[/name]?

Wow! I don’t think I would be as brave as you with those spellings, though I agree traditional spellings should be used. I know it is probably different for someone married to and Irishman, but I can’t help but look at the names and get confused! I’d go with [name]Darcy[/name] and [name]Rory[/name] for middle names, though. [name]Both[/name] cute!

I’d use the Irish names Aven [name]Finola[/name] and Eilley [name]Rosaleen[/name], personally.

[name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Ryann[/name] & Aibhlinn [name]Darcy[/name]. [name]Love[/name] how exotic they are! I adore Irish names and I was nearly called [name]Siobhan[/name]:slight_smile: I do think you’ll have pronunciation issues though unfortunately, that seems unavoidable with the traditional spelling. I love [name]Ryann[/name] for a girl (spelt like that too) and if that is a family name I’d say go for it. [name]Darcy[/name] is gorgeous too and balances well with [name]Ryann[/name] as a middle name for twin #2.

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile: