Our twins have arrived!

Hello berries!

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] and [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] on [name_f]May[/name_f] 2nd, 2023. Their middlest big sisters [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] (also twins) have already welcomed them home. Their oldest siblings [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_u]Niko[/name_u] are anxiously awaiting their chance to meet them.

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is the number one boy name that my husband and I have had on our list since a little before we got married, so more than 10 years now. We were so excited to get to used it this time, even if that meant unintentionally continuing our S initial pattern. (My sisters and I all start with A, so it wasn’t a big issue for me.) The reason we liked the name [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] in the first place was because of the important spiritual metaphor of shepherds in the Bible, as in [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] is the Good [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]. [name_m]Evander[/name_m] is another name that has been on my list for a very long time, probably since high school. We chose it in honor of my grandfather [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]. [name_m]Eugene[/name_m] and [name_m]Evander[/name_m] have the same Greek root meaning “good”. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s grandfather’s middle name is [name_m]Eugene[/name_m], so it honors him too. The other middle name we considered for [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] was my husband’s grandfather’s first name, [name_m]Leroy[/name_m], but we

51 Likes

Sorry, I pushed submit too soon.

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] and [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is the name we chose for our baby girl. Both are names found on my family tree, but pretty far back. [name_f]Selah[/name_f] is a term found in the biblical book of [name_f]Psalms[/name_f], which I thought connected it to [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] nicely. Her middle name also comes from Greek. I wanted her middle name to be a woman’s name from the [name_u]New[/name_u] Testament like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], but I also wanted it to be another bird name like [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] fit both categories. [name_f]Selah[/name_f] struggled during pregnancy, being the smaller twin, like her sister [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] did. I chose [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] as Susannah’s middle name because of what [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] says in the gospels about [name_m]God[/name_m] looking after the Sparrows and the birds of the air. It felt right to have another bird name for [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

I appreciate you all helping me think through middle names and twin names!

22 Likes

Wow, congratulations on your second set of twins! I remember your twin girls’ birth and I adored their names; [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_f]Selah[/name_f] are just as lovely. Good luck!

So fun to see your update! Your kids’ names are so packed with meaning and have such a beautifully pastoral vibe. Congratulations!

1 Like

congrats!! lovely names all around!!!

I absolutely love how thoughtful your choices are, congratulations!!

Congratulations :tada::tada:

Your kiddos are beautifully named and I loved reading the background of your latest set of twins. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] + [name_f]Selah[/name_f] are gorgeously named.

Wishing you all the best with your latest additions!!

Congratulations! They have lovely names!

Congratulations, lovely names :ear_of_rice: x

Congratulations! :partying_face: The names are lovely and good luck / good wishes to family and friends and the kids! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_f]Selah[/name_f] to gorgeous 2023 :rainbow::sunny::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am happy for you!

Congratulations – lovely names!

Congratulations! [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_f]Selah[/name_f] make the BEST siblings!

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]!
:dog2::ear_of_rice::yellow_heart:

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_f]Selah[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]!
🪻 :dove: :star:

Both of their names are so beautiful and the reasons you chose them are so meaningful.

Congratulations! You’ve chosen lovely names for all your little ones.

What amazing names. :heart_eyes: Huge congratulations and welcome to your newests! All of your children have delightful names, my golly.

[name_f]Gorgeous[/name_f] names, not just the new baby twins, but all of your kids! [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is a favorite of mine, and [name_f]Selah[/name_f] is so beautiful!

Congratulations :tada:! These are such lovely name!!!

congratulations on your babies!! their names are so gorgeous, i’m in awe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: selah and shepherd are perfect, and they make such a lovely set of names for twins. :yellow_heart:

Absolutely stunning names! Congratulations!

congratulations! they have such beautiful names! welcome to the world, shepherd & selah :heart: