Out of curiousity what do you think of Callum

I am not expecting right at the moment but of course I am always thinking of names! [name]Callum[/name] has been sticking with me and the meaning “dove” would hold special meaning to me for personal reasons.

It’s different than what I am usually drawn to (classic vintagey). [name]Do[/name] you think it could becom trendy and dated? Is it gonna be the next colin/connor type name?

Also, what names would you suggest for siblngs, especially boys?

Top girls names I like and would use right now are [name]Iris[/name], [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name]. [name]Do[/name] these names go with [name]Callum[/name]? Thanks for reading all this!

[name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Callum[/name]! It’s in my top 5 or 6 also.

I live in [name]Scotland[/name] and [name]Callum[/name] has been popular for some time over here. The first lot of Callums are just hitting university but there are also a number of Callums in my daughter’s primary school. I would perceive it as an upper middle class name over here. I like it and would consider it for a boy if it didn’t rhyme with our last name so badly!

This name does not really appeal to me. I’m not sure how to pronounce it, and while I’m sure it’s a real name, it’s maybe that it’s more Scottish (it seems very Irish) than I typically like. I know Gaelic (I am probably using this term wrong) names really appeal to a lot of people, but this is kind of a miss with me, as are quite a few names of similar origin, just not my favorites.

It is sort of like [name]Caleb[/name] (?). A name like [name]Callahan[/name] would also be nice. I’ve heard odd things about [name]Colin[/name] - I think that still is ok in the US, it might be tired overseas. I’m sorry, I don’t know what to make of this name or the appeal, nameberry says it’s a form of [name]Colombia[/name], which has a nice meaning, but I don’t really like this form. It’s not disgusting to me, it’s just a little confusing, so I’m sure it would sound nice enough if chosen, and other people would like it a lot - they do around here.

Yep, definitely like it. Very nice.

When I hear [name]Callum[/name] I hear Callow and Callous, neither qualities that I would want associated with my child.

[name]Callum[/name] = [name]Callum[/name] Best = a Hollywood man-ho who once went out with [name]Lindsay[/name] Lohan.

I think [name]Callum[/name] is very handsome. [name]Love[/name] [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Corbin[/name], and [name]Calvin[/name], too. [name]Corbin[/name] means raven. I just love [name]Corbin[/name]!

I think that [name]Callum[/name] is incredibly handome, too. I picture an athletic boy who’s quite popular. It feels charming to me, as does the potential [name]Cal[/name] nickname.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

It’s the same in [name]England[/name]. My mum is a teacher and for a few years every other boy has been called [name]Callum[/name] or [name]Ryan[/name].
With tonnes of spellings too. [name]Calum[/name], [name]Callum[/name], Callam etc

I really like [name]Callum[/name]. It was on my short list until hubby said he decided he didn’t like it. But he couldn’t give me a reason why…he said he just doesn’t know why, but he’s not a fan…

Another possibility would be [name]Colum[/name] (also means “dove” )and was the name of [name]St[/name]. [name]Columba[/name].

I adore the name [name]Callum[/name]. I think the nickname [name]Cal[/name] is actually pretty cool. One of my favorite combos for this is [name]Callum[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]. Also, whenever I think of this name I know think of [name]Hugh[/name] [name]Laurie[/name] (whose full name is [name]James[/name] [name]Hugh[/name] [name]Calum[/name] [name]Laurie[/name]). So I think it definitely has good, strong connotations, for those that know [name]Hugh[/name]'s full name…

Anyway, I think that [name]Iris[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], and [name]Callum[/name] sound great together. [name]Hope[/name] kind of sticks out to me, it’s sounds a little cheesy with the rest of the names, if that makes sense.

Definitely a great choice :slight_smile:

I like [name]Callum[/name]:slight_smile: