Out of the mouths of babes......

Children have great imaginations and their little worlds are not tainted by facts or certain name associations like ours. Tonight I asked my daughter 4 almost 5, if she liked the name [name]Morgan[/name] (yes my children are victims of my obsession). She replied with an abrupt “No”. I asked her why she didn’t like it and she told me “it’s a musical instrument”. Apparently she thinks Organ and [name]Morgan[/name] are one in the same. I’ve asked my youngest which names she likes and she has quite the the list - Ambrielle (?), [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Clora[/name], [name]Butterfly[/name], [name]Love[/name] Heart…ect. My sisters friend wanted to name her new baby sister [name]Sissy[/name] Steamboat! Imaginations…

When my oldest was little she had imaginary friends named [name]George[/name], Hina and Chino. Where these names came from I will never know. [name]Tiger[/name] [name]Lily[/name], I understand but the previous names left me wondering if she was re-incarnated.

Are there any names invented or not that you’ve heard out of the mouth of your own babes or stories you’ve heard from others? I love hearing my daughters opinions about names. Most of my names they don’t like or they think names like [name]Elle[/name] remind them to much much of [name]Elvis[/name] or elephant. :confused:

My 4 1/2 year old makes up really funny names for her My [name]Little[/name] Ponies and her Barbies, dolls, and stuffed animals. Some of her names are lovely and very different, some are ridiculous. I couldn’t help laughing at your daughter thinking [name]Morgan[/name] is the same as organ. My daughter sings the song, “[name]Rain[/name], [name]Rain[/name] Go Away”. When she reaches the next line she sing’s, “Come again on Mother’s [name]Day[/name]” instead of “Come again another day”. We can’t covince her of the real words. :slight_smile:

“come again on Mother’s day”…LOL In my case I love rain so that would be a treat! They say some of the cutest things that at times you just want to let it go. My oldest daughter when she was young bumped her knee. It still hurt her and she told us it was “so sensible” we didn’t correct her and tell she should have said sensitive.

Well, it’s not the same but the other night there was a guy in my dream named Valero and i had never heard of that name until my dream.

When i was a little girl i loved the names [name]Cherry[/name] [name]Blossom[/name], [name]Angel[/name], and [name]Crystal[/name].
I was an interesting child.

My 3-year-old has named his animals [name]Burton[/name], [name]Susan[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Estie[/name], [name]Mario[/name], etc. He’s never met anyone with any of these names. I can’t for the life of me figure out how he comes up with them.

A friend of mine has two daughters, and has recently found out she is pregnant again. Her girls are adamant that they are having a little sister, and told there mother if it was a brother they were sending it back! One of them has even “talked it out with God!” It’s hilarious. One of them wants to name their new sister [name]Rainbow[/name], and the other one likes Sparkles!

I was three when my mom asked me what we should name my little-sister-to-be. I was in the bathtub, soaping up, in a silly mood, so I said “Soaper!” Later my grandma mentioned the name [name]Molly[/name] and I fixated on it, demanding that my new sister be named [name]Molly[/name]. Mom humored me and said she’d think about it so I took that as a yes. When my dad informed me that I had a new sister and she was not named [name]Molly[/name] I threw a tantrum late into the night!

My son found out that he was having a baby sister and suggested the name “Firetruck”!

This thread is absolutely cracking me up! Kids are too funny! :slight_smile:

– [name]Nephele[/name]