overused... but what do you think?

So, our little girl will be here in 8 weeks! About 10 years ago, before the name became SOOOOO popular, I told my grandmother if I ever have a little girl, I would like to name a little girl after the town me, my parents and grandparents were born in - [name]Fort[/name] [name]Madison[/name], IA, in [name]Lee[/name] county. [name]Madison[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. And call her [name]Maddie[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. Now, fast forward to 2 years ago and my husband proposed there in that town in the same park where my parents got engaged near the river 37 years prior. But, as you know, I can’t go anywhere without someone yelling for “[name]Madison[/name]!” sigh. But the name holds a lot of meaning for us…

Other names we are considering:

• [name]Sadie[/name] [name]May[/name] (we got married and preggers in [name]May[/name] and like the old fashioned style)
  • [name]Charlie[/name] [name]May[/name] (she is due on my little brother’s Bday and his name is [name]Charlie[/name] - love unisex names, maybe [name]Charlotte[/name] would be the official name)
  • [name]Paige[/name] [name]Viola[/name] (just like this for a first name, and [name]Viola[/name] happens to be the name of my great grandmother and my husband’s grandmother.

We have a very long last name if that helps any… love to hear any thoughts…thanks! :smiley:

If you are concerned about popularity and having 5 Madisons in the class use it for a middle. the meaning would still be present and it would go nicely with other names you like.
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Madison[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name] [name]Madison[/name] - I really like this!
[name]Paige[/name] [name]Madison[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Madison[/name] - I love this one!

[name]Both[/name] [name]Viola[/name] [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Madison[/name] would be very meaningful having both names with connections! [name]Hope[/name] this helped a little.

[name]Madison[/name] [name]Lee[/name] is a pretty name and it’s even more special because it means so much to you. But if your’re worried about the immense popularity of the name, you can do two things: (1) Insist that everyone call her [name]Maddie[/name] [name]Lee[/name] (which might take a lot of work) or (2) Follow the advice of the pp and put it in the middle spot. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Madison[/name], [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Viola[/name] [name]Madison[/name] are lovely pairings.

I like the idea of [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Madison[/name] (or any first name with middle [name]Madison[/name]). Did the park have a name that could be used?

I agree with previous posters that putting [name]Madison[/name] in the middle is a great way to keep it’s integrity but to use something different in the fn spot. I love [name]Sadie[/name] as a nn for [name]Sarah[/name] or one of her variants but [name]Sadie[/name] [name]May[/name] is sweet and the meaning is great. I like the [name]Mae[/name] spelling best. I would just be concerned about how that name will age, it is kind of cutesy so maybe she should have a more formal fn and can then choose someday. [name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] would be a great choice also nn [name]Lottie[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mae[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Madison[/name] could work. With [name]Paige[/name], which I love, I wouldn’t use [name]Madison[/name] in the middle since they are both unisex, [name]Paige[/name] [name]Viola[/name] is nice as well as [name]Viola[/name] [name]Paige[/name].

Some other ways to include [name]Madison[/name] and/or nn [name]Maddie[/name]:
[name]Madeira[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Magdalen[/name]
[name]Madigan[/name]

I think putting [name]Madison[/name] in the middle, and I think it works with almost any of your names.

Also, you’re so lucky to have a connection to [name]Viola[/name]. It’s such an amazing name.

I think I have to vote for [name]Viola[/name] [name]Madison[/name] as well! Though I also really like [name]Paige[/name] [name]Viola[/name] or, better yet, [name]Viola[/name] [name]Paige[/name].

Here is what I think:
[name]Madison[/name] obviously has a lot of meaning for you so I say go with it. Putting it in the middle spot is a great way to use this name while ensuring that you daughter has the chance to have a more unique name.
My nick name is [name]Sadie[/name] but my full name is [name]Sarah[/name]. I think [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Madison[/name] sounds great and then nick naming her [name]Sadie[/name] would be really sweet. I love my name!
My second choice would be [name]Viola[/name] [name]Madison[/name] and then [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Madison[/name]!
Congrats on your new baby!