Owen- would you use it?

We have a girls name chosen but are still up in the air when it comes to a boy’s name. Our last name makes things very difficult! We both like the name [name]Owen[/name], but our last name also has a long ‘O’ sound.

So my question is: Does [name]Owen[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] work? I really want it to!
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

At first I couldn’t quite decide if [name]Owen[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] looked ridiculous or great. I think the sound of it (assuming your last name is pn ‘row’) is okay, and something about the name on paper looks literary or like something you’d see on a film poster. Though I must say when I first typed out [name]Owen[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] I had to make sure I was putting the o’s, w’s and e’s in the right places. I guess I wouldn’t rule it out entirely, and there’s certainly something interesting about the name–any ideas on what you’d use for a middle?

I think [name]Owen[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] is fine.

Personally I wouldn’t do it. It doesn’t sound totally horrendous, but it’s still a tad bit over the line for me. If it’s the only name you can find that you both agree on, then okay, but in the meantime I’d keep looking.

I think it depends on if you like the alliteration thing that is going on with it. My son’s name is [name]Owen[/name] and I love it. I will tell you that we call him “O” a lot, as do his teachers. I think [name]Owen[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] looks kind of cool written, but I had to think about it with the O and W and E when I typed. I just wonder if you call him O like we call our son ( not that we planned on that, it just happened) that O [name]Rowe[/name] might seem a little silly. I almost think a longer name may be better with a short last name like you have.