P names

P names are really starting to grow on me-

[name]Phillipa[/name]
[name]Philomena[/name]/[name]Philomene[/name]
[name]Prudence[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] (this would be a nickname for one of the others)
[name]Penelope[/name] *fave of the moment

What’s the rule for middle names? I usually just go through my list of top names and add one I think sounds good in the middle. But the combos I read here seem heaven sent. What’s your secret?!

[name]Phillipa[/name]: I like this name, as well as the nickname, [name]Pippa[/name].
[name]Philomena[/name]/[name]Philomene[/name]: Not a fan of this name…
[name]Prudence[/name]: An awful name to give a little girl, as she’ll certainly be teased about being a “prude.” As a middle name, it’s okay, but I’d never use it as a first name.
[name]Poppy[/name] (this would be a nickname for one of the others): Darling!
[name]Penelope[/name]: A beautiful name, and you could certainly call her “[name]Poppy[/name]!”

I like [name]Phoebe[/name], too.

As for middle names, it’s about the flow and rhythm of the syllables, as well as using names from the same genres. I’m sure you create lovely combinations. :slight_smile:

I love P names, too! They are not so common and often so cute!
[name]Phillipa[/name]-[name]Love[/name]! love [name]Pippa[/name], too.
[name]Philomena[/name]/[name]Philomene[/name]-sorry, I don’t like it.
[name]Prudence[/name]-Now that [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Jill[/name] mentioned prude, I only like it for a middle.
[name]Poppy[/name] (this would be a nickname for one of the others)-You have made my day! [name]Poppy[/name] would make such a great name for [name]Penelope[/name] and I didn’t like [name]Nell[/name] and [name]Penny[/name] that much. Now I can name my pretend daughter [name]Penelope[/name] while I fall asleep at night and call her [name]Poppy[/name]. The only way I seem to be able to fall asleep is to think of first names with middle names. I don’t want to take sleeping pills. Sometimes it takes me a long time to go to sleep. So I will think of [name]Poppy[/name]! Thank you!
[name]Penelope[/name] *fave of the moment. -Me, too!

I would need to know your last name to really figure out a good first/middle name combo.
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be cute.
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Iris[/name]-both are Greek
[name]Philippa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]- sounds so British! But [name]Philippa[/name] is Greek, too.
I wouldn’t put [name]Phillipa[/name] and [name]Hope[/name] together-too much “p” sound.
[name]Philippa[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
If a first name ends in a vowel like [name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Philippa[/name], I usually put a consonant at the beginning of the middle name. Or if it’s a short vowel I start the middle name with a long vowel. For example:
[name]Philippa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]- first name ends in a vowel, middle starts with a consonant.
[name]Philippa[/name] [name]Eve[/name]- first name ends in a short “a” vowel, middle starts with a long “e”.
[name]Philippa[/name] [name]Ann[/name]- to my ear, this isn’t as good because [name]Ann[/name] starts with a short “a” sound so the end of [name]Philippa[/name] slurs into it. But [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Ann[/name] works nicely. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Eve[/name] slurs. You have to say eee and then pause awkwardly and then say eee again.
But that is just my taste, not everyone’s and I know that I sound obsessed. I am! It’s true.