Paloma

We are not Spanish, but I love the way the name [name]Paloma[/name] sounds, as well as its meaning. Would it be strange to see a non-Spanish child with that name? Honest opinions please! Also, can you think of any similar alternatives? Thanks so much!!

I don’t think it’ll be seen as strange. It seems to now be hip for non-Hispanics to use Spanish names.

[name]Even[/name] if a name does lead others to assume your ethnicity is different from what it actually is… is that a bad thing? I don’t think so.

I love [name]Paloma[/name]; the problem for me is that it’s distinctly trending upward.

[name]Add[/name] me to the list of people who don’t think it would be strange to name your baby girl [name]Paloma[/name]. I think it’s a beautiful name!

Names that feel exotic to me like [name]Paloma[/name]:

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Marisol[/name]
[name]Raphaela[/name]
[name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

No I think it would be beautiful! I think [name]Paloma[/name] works well for a girl of any race. Actually until now I thought it was an Italian name. I love the meaning “dove”.

I like the name [name]Paloma[/name] but I am a spanish speaker. When non spanish speakers say [name]Paloma[/name] it sounds really BAD to me. As far as your daughter not looking like a [name]Paloma[/name] I would not worry about that the Palomas I know are spanish they have light skin, blonde hair and hazel eyes. Good luck!

I [name]LOVE[/name] this name. [name]Do[/name] it! :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Paloma[/name]! I don’t think it’s weird at all, especially since I know a blonde haired, blue eyed [name]Paloma[/name]. She has a twin named [name]Clio[/name], and I think the names, though of different backgrounds, work well.

I love [name]Paloma[/name]!

[name]Paloma[/name] is one of my guilty pleasure names. [name]Love[/name] the way it looks, love the way it sounds, love the meaning.

Awesome awesome name!

I don’t think it would be strange at all to name your daughter [name]Paloma[/name].