Pamela?

I’m fairly indifferent to this name, it just randomly popped into my head today.
Why is the name [name]Pamela[/name] not more popular? It’s got the prom-queen image, granted, but names like [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] used to have old-lady images. But think about, easy to pronounce, literary history, has the ever popular “ella” sound at the end. You’d think it would appeal to some people on this basis.
Yep, completely out of left field I know, it just really baffles me! haha I think I had better get some sleep now

I agree; I always wondered why it wasn’t more popular. I didn’t realize it had prom-queen associations. I just assumed it was a little dated. Maybe people don’t like the nickname [name]Pam[/name]? I don’t care for [name]Pam[/name] but [name]Pamela[/name] is a perfectly attractive name.

I knew a girl named [name]Pamela[/name] who got called [name]Pamela[/name] Spamela, so I’ve always thought of Spam when I hear the name.

Yeah, I don’t even know if it does have these associations, for some reason I just think of prom-queens when I think of [name]Pam[/name] haha. I’m with you, I don’t care for [name]Pam[/name] either but [name]Pamela[/name]'s nice enough. Perhaps [name]Pamela[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] has something to do with it, too.

[name]Paloma[/name] might be a nice variation?

I hope [name]Pam[/name] weighs in on this post! Interesting to know if she likes how name!