Paris Henry?

[name_u]Paris[/name_u] has been a long time love of mine ever since I first heard the name used for [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_u]Paris[/name_u] for the Trojan war. He was the prince who stole the wife of an evil king Menelaus and killed the warrior [name_m]Achilles[/name_m] so he could have her love.

It’s obvious that I love it but I wonder if it’s too overused as a girl’s name? Does it still work for a boy? What do you think of when you think of a boy named [name_u]Paris[/name_u]? Would you use a different middle name?

1 Like

it definitely works for a boy imo! i actually like it more that way
when i think of a boy named paris, pierce brosnan’s son comes to mind, so i picture a very stylish & handsome guy
and i think henry is a great middle name, not my personal taste but i like it

some other ideas:
paris alexander
paris apollo
paris leonidas
paris astrophel
paris atticus
paris aurelian
paris dimitri
paris dominic
paris jasper
paris venture
paris willow
paris william
paris remington

1 Like

I also love [name_u]Paris[/name_u] for the same reason!! I immediately think of [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_u]Paris[/name_u] from the film [name_u]Troy[/name_u]!
[name_u]Paris[/name_u] feels very masculine to me for that reason. Very strong and courageous, with some sweetness and warmth. I really love [name_u]Henry[/name_u] paired with it - it makes it feel more gentle, which I love.

1 Like

This is exactly what I came to say! I love Paris on a boy. Super lovely!!

2 Likes

I adore [name_u]Paris[/name_u] and love seeing it on a boy! I think the historical usage grounds it. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it could be considered feminine, it suits anyone in my opinion. I don’t find it overused as a girl name at all.

[name_u]Paris[/name_u] on a boy feels like a romantic name. I think of a passionate creative who gives warm smiles, and feels things very deeply. It makes me think of old European architecture, freshly baked bread, and writing by candle light.

I think [name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is very handsome! Other traditionally masculine middles would work well too.
[name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
… all come to mind!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Paris[/name] on a boy! In Homers iliad, though, [name_u]Paris[/name] was an unsavory character — Menelaus’ wife was abducted by him and expressed hatred towards him for his crimes against her (which I need not describe) in this telling and [name_m]Homer[/name] often described him as weak and heartless.

I still do much prefer it on boys! It’s just worth considering that he’s not seen as a hero in every retelling, and that may bother you if that [name_u]Paris[/name] is your namesake.

1 Like

[name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is beautiful!!!

1 Like

Not a great role model and I wouldn’t give what is viewed as a girly name to a boy.

I think [name_u]Paris[/name_u] is very handsome and regal! [name_u]Henry[/name_u] balances it perfectly! No flaws :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m not a big reader myself, more of a movie buff so I don’t think it really bothers me too much. I also recall the name [name_u]Paris[/name_u] being used for the name of one of Juliet’s suitors before she met [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] in [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] sounds so romantic to me. Thank you for an objective response! I’m glad you enjoy the name as well.

2 Likes

[name_u]Parrish[/name_u] was a close second to me but I don’t love it as much. I’ve found that more people associate this name with the term perish. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think this name is also nice or would you say one is better?