Parker for a girl

I’ve recently had such a crush on [name_u]Parker[/name_u]… I like it for a girl or a boy. The only problem is I can’t seem to think of middle names that I love with it for a girl. What are your thoughts on [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for a girl and what middle names would you pair with it?

Not a fan of it. I mean, I kind of like it on a boy…but I just really don’t like it on a girl.

As for middles…what are you looking for? Something uni-sex again? Something really frilly to balance it out? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want something classic? Something a little old-fashioned?

One of my cousins is named [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]McKenzie[/name_f].

I never knew that [name_u]Parker[/name_u] is technically a boys name. Her brothers name is [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m].

She wears the name well. Mostly we use Parkie as a nickname.

Our grandfather doesn’t like it too much. He thinks that [name_u]Parker[/name_u] sounds too much like “park-her”.

Because of my cousin I can’t be impartial. I like it well enough.

I don’t like the name [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for either gender. Like many occupational names, it reminds me of phrases (park her? [name_m]Ryder[/name_m] = ride her. You get the picture). To avoid gender confusion, I would choose a traditional female name -something strong and definitely NOT too overly frilly.

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] friend recently named her baby boy [name_u]Parker[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] nephew (who is 5) immediately made the connection to [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Parker[/name_u] of Spiderman so he really likes the name. :slight_smile:

I think it would work on a girl. It is a little more masculine than say [name_u]Harper[/name_u] or [name_u]Piper[/name_u] to me, but that’s just me. And there is the actress [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Posey[/name_f], and I think the name suits her well.

I would combine it with a very girly middle name.

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

I think the nickname [name_u]Pax[/name_u] would be a neat one for this, as I don’t particularly like Parkie and Parka …well, who wants to be called a huge winter coat? [name_u]Pax[/name_u] means peace in latin and I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch – or [name_f]Pari[/name_f], if you want to consider nn, though it’s not necessary with [name_u]Parker[/name_u].

I recently came across the name [name_f]Eliette[/name_f] on here, which I think is the most beautiful feminization I’ve yet to see of a masculine name. Doesn’t have much in common with [name_u]Parker[/name_u] but I thought I’d throw it out there.

I like [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for a boy. It’s a family name on my mom’s side and would use it if it weren’t so popular. It doesn’t feel as special to me anymore. :frowning:

Like mischa, I hear a phrase when I hear [name_u]Parker[/name_u]. [name_u]Parker[/name_u] is one of the worse ones for a girl, [name_f]IMO[/name_f], because I hear “park her”… just not pretty for a girl and similar to [name_m]Ryder[/name_m] (ride her).

If you do decide to use it on a girl, a feminine name would help balance it but won’t necessarily help people know its a girl since people don’t regularly go by their middle names.

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Leanne[/name_f]

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Posey[/name_f] is really sweet, but apparently that’s the name of an actress.

I’d got with something cutesy and feminine to balance out the harsh, boyishness of [name_u]Parker[/name_u].

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Mamie[/name_f]

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Posey[/name_f] is really sweet, but apparently that’s the name of an actress.

I’d got with something cutesy and feminine to balance out the harsh, boyishness of [name_u]Parker[/name_u].

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Mamie[/name_f]

I love the name [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for a girl! There’s a little girl, [name_u]Parker[/name_u], in my son’s Gymboree class, & our previous nanny had previously nannied for a little girl named [name_u]Parker[/name_u]. I’m happy you’re choosing it for a girl!! What do you think of…?

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Atalie[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Anniston[/name_f]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] Pailyn
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Tenley[/name_f]

I don’t like this name at all, particularly for a little girl. I would keep looking if I were you!

Good luck!

We named our daughter [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and she is more beautiful, sweet, funny, and smarter than I ever will be. [name_f]My[/name_f] family hated the name when we told them (before she was born) …and my response was, “you will love her no matter what her name is, and eventually you will love her name because you love her.” And it’s the truth. Kids grow into their names and once they are born, and you can’t imagine them having any other name. If that is the name that resonates with you - go for it. After people have met my daughter…who is as girly as it gets…sparkles, sequins, hair accessories…all of her choosing…they almost think [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for a boy is weird.

I love my cousin’s kid but still think he has a weird name… He’s 3 now.