Parker...

God, I’ve gone to the dark side. I love the name [name]Parker[/name].

That wouldn’t be so bad except that I also like [name]Sophie[/name], and after years of swearing up and down that I will NOT be the woman who gives birth to the 1 millionth [name]Emma[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]/[name]Aidan[/name]/[name]Jaden[/name] et c., I find my top names for a boy and a girl are trendy. Kill me?

Please tell me [name]Parker[/name]'s not that popular. Apparently it was #103 on the 2008 SSA chart, which isn’t so bad…

WDYT?

As you mentioned, [name]Parker[/name] is currently #103 on the SSA list. The new list comes out in [name]May[/name], so it’s placement may change. The list also shows that 4,272 baby boys were named [name]Parker[/name] in the last year. The number one name, [name]Jacob[/name], accounts for 22,272, if that puts things into perspective at all. It’s not ridiculously popular, but chances are a boy named [name]Parker[/name], born now, would run into other Parkers. My name, [name]Lisa[/name], was number 83 the year I was born (1991) and about 4,400 [name]Lisa[/name]'s were born that year. I’ve only known three other [name]Lisa[/name]'s my age so far, which is not many at all. It also depends on your area as well, and you can check the SSA list for stats on that. I think [name]Parker[/name] is a great name, it is trendy and fits into the “surnames as first names” fad that is quite popular, but the name itself isn’t too popular at the moment. If you love it, use it!

Despite what the lists say, I have yet to meet a [name]Parker[/name] among the babies and little kids I know, if that helps…

I dont think it is that common. You might want to check babynamewizard.com’s name mapper to see how popular [name]Parker[/name] is in your state.