Party Pooper

Okay, so as I have posted several times already, my DH and I are planning on TTC pretty soon. We already have a two year old boy, [name]Casper[/name] [name]Jones[/name] (mn is my maiden name). We are about 99.9% sure that if we have another boy his name will be [name]Huxley[/name] [name]David[/name] (mn is DH’s fn). Our problem is girl names. We can’t seem to agree 100% on anything, and we never came up with a girl name the first time I was pregnant. I think my husband and I have different tastes. He wants a tough but sweet name. He suggested [name]Piper[/name], which I don’t mind, and would be willing to compromise on if our son’s name didn’t end in -per too. He also suggested [name]Cassidy[/name]. Once again, too close to [name]Casper[/name]. So, I suggested [name]June[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name], but he said he only likes it if we reverse it. There is no way that is happening. That would mean both kids start with [name]Cas[/name], and they would have the exact same initials. No thanks!

So, I am now preparing for battle. I’m making a list, and checking it twice. I’m going to come up with first and mn combos, scan them for any obvious flaws that only he would possibly point out, and make this thing solid before “throwing it to the lions”. I cannot wait to helplessly stand by and listen to my oh so dear husband rip it apart.

That’s where you come in. I need mn suggestions, first name suggestions, and combos! Here is a semi-short list of my hopefuls:

[name]June[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] (he already hates this, but his mn is [name]Matthew[/name], he goes by [name]Matt[/name], how could he hate something that is a nod to him?!)
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Tess/name
[name]Eliza[/name] (ee-ly-zuh)
[name]Imogen[/name] (is it prn like emma-jen or emma-jean? is the emma part even right?)

I am open to new suggestions as well. I don’t really have a style I don’t think. I don’t really like anything too frilly or really long ([name]Penelope[/name], [name]Clementine[/name]). I guess we’re looking for a spunky-cowgirl-feel? Oh and our last name rhymes with Fawcett. Thanks guys!!!

[name]Casper[/name] is wonderful!

[name]June[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] - Sounds like a country singer’s name! I think [name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] would be better though.
[name]Josephine[/name] - I love [name]Josephine[/name] for all of it’s nickname options, [name]Jo[/name]-[name]Jo[/name], [name]Josie[/name], [name]Posy[/name] etc.
[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Briar[/name] - Not a big fan but I do like it.
[name]Shiloh[/name] - Too connected to Brangelina. I prefer it for a boy as well.
[name]Tess/name - [name]Love[/name] [name]Tess[/name], I think I like it better than [name]Tessa[/name] though both are nice.
[name]Eliza[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Imogen[/name] - It’s said emm-oh-jen. Many people will try to tell you it’s em-oh-gene but it’s not, unless you spell it [name]Imogene[/name].

Other suggestions:
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Llio[/name] ([name]Said[/name] just like [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Jessalyn[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Neve[/name] (prn. Neev)

Combos:
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Coral[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Tess[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Briar[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]June[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]June[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Coral[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Llio[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Briar[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jessalyn[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Coral[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Briar[/name]

HTH!

[name]June[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] - I love the sweet [name]June[/name], but the previous poster had an excellent idea - if he likes spunky, maybe [name]Juno[/name] would be more up his street? Possible problem : movie of the same name. I would suggest [name]Juniper[/name] if not for the -per ending, too. As he likes [name]Cassidy[/name], he may also like :

Same sound:
[name]Claudie[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] (could be a nn for [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Seraphine[/name]/a, [name]Isadora[/name]).

Similar sound :
[name]Adelaide[/name] (maybe nn [name]Heidi[/name]?)
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Verity[/name].

Similar feel :
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name].

[name]Josephine[/name] - a classic, and sounds really good with [name]Caspar[/name], in my opinion. Perhaps he’ll take issue with the nicknames [name]Jo[/name] or [name]Josie[/name]? Sephie, [name]Effie[/name] and [name]Posie[/name] are other options that he might prefer.

[name]Matilda[/name] - this would be such a great middle name to honour her father! Other names which could honour him include ones with the same meaning ‘gift of Yahweh/God’ :
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] (spunky nicknames that might win him around for these two include [name]Dodie[/name], [name]Dolly[/name], [name]Dot[/name], [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Thea[/name], or [name]Teddy[/name]).

[name]Briar[/name] - not my favourite name on the list, but not at all bad, either. Possibly he’ll take issue with the thorny association? Maybe [name]Ivy[/name] would be preferable?

[name]Shiloh[/name] - such a great, soft sound. The only problem I can think of is the heavy celebrity association. Perhaps another -O name :
[name]Callisto[/name]
[name]Calypso[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Hero[/name] (possible problem : people will think the male version of heroine before they think [name]Shakespeare[/name])
[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Rosario[/name] (may or may not be a problem for you : strong religious connection).

[name]Tess/name - great! Short and spunky but unmistakable feminine. I don’t know how he could object to this one! Maybe he’ll want a long form? Look to [name]Theresa[/name] or [name]Thessaly[/name] nn [name]Tess/name. You may also like [name]Stella[/name].

[name]Eliza[/name] - same as [name]Tessa[/name], brilliant. Maybe he’ll be worried about the [name]Liz[/name] nickname? [name]Eliza[/name]'s short enough that nicknames won’t be all that natural, though, so it won’t be a problem.

[name]Imogen[/name] - this is pronounced IM-uh-jen.

I’ll have a think about middle names and get back to you.
Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Love[/name] that [name]Auburn[/name] suggested [name]Claudie[/name] (my fav name!) and also I agree with her pronounciation of [name]Imogen[/name]. it starts with IM and ends with [name]JEN[/name]. No [name]Emma[/name] and no [name]Jean[/name] in site :slight_smile:

[name]Imogen[/name] is fabulous.

[name]Tabitha[/name] seems to fit your type??? (I love [name]Tabitha[/name])

[name]Briar[/name] is gorgeous. We have a newscaster named [name]Briar[/name] McStewart or something Scottish and it is a gorgeous name. I get caught up in how gorgeous her name is every single time this woman is on television.

[name]Hi[/name]!

I think that you have a very lovely list. I love [name]June[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name]! It is so pretty! However, if your husband doesn’t like it, then you may need some other suggestions. If you’re looking for spunky, then what about these…

[name]Lyric[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Juno[/name] (I love this as an alternative to [name]June[/name]. [name]Juno[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] is great!)
[name]Ines[/name]/[name]Inez[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

From your list I think [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Casper[/name] make a great sibset. [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Casper[/name] [name]Jones[/name] seem excellent together! If your husband really likes [name]Cassidy[/name], he might like [name]Cora[/name], [name]Cara[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Cleo[/name]/[name]Clio[/name], or [name]Catherine[/name]. If you love [name]June[/name] what about [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Jemma[/name] or [name]Jasmine[/name]?

Wishing you the best of luck!

Bounce :slight_smile:

Whoopsiebaby, I love your list! Especially [name]Shiloh[/name] & [name]Imogen[/name], which are both on my list for a future daughter. Though my husband isn’t crazy about [name]Imogen[/name] (yet). =)

I’m disappointed that so many people hold he celebrity association against the name [name]Shiloh[/name] - I think it’s a beautiful name well suited to a girl and I also think it is going to slowly grow to hold it’s own aside from the [name]Pitt[/name]-[name]Jolie[/name] association.

This probably isn’t helpful, but I think pretty much any of the names on you list would go well with [name]Casper[/name] [name]Jones[/name] - which is a GREAT name, I must add. =)

I love [name]Casper[/name]!!! It’s on my boys list but I’m not sure I’m brave enough to use it! [name]How[/name] have you found it? (do many people talk about the ghost?)
From your list i love [name]Josephine[/name] (love [name]Josie[/name]!), [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Tess[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] (prn Im-uh-gen)
I think Jospehine and [name]Imogen[/name] sound best with [name]Casper[/name] [name]Jones[/name].
I love the previous posters suggestion of [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] or perhaps [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name]?

Gosh darn those husbands. They just don’t GET it, do they???

Well, I love [name]Casper[/name], and I agree [name]Cassidy[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] are just not options. So let’s work with what we’ve got.

[name]June[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] is lovely
[name]Josephine[/name] is one of my favorites, with lovely nicknames – [name]Posey[/name] / [name]Josie[/name]
Matlida’s pretty – would he like nn [name]Tilly[/name]?
[name]Tess[/name] – two thumbs up; one of my favorites, but my last name begins in “S” so I thought too much “s” sound.
[name]Eliza[/name] – gorgeous & I think it would be great with [name]Casper[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] – another favorite of mine.
I’m afraid [name]Briar[/name] & [name]Shiloh[/name] don’t make my shortlist.

Other suggestions I like:
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] – I am obsessed with this name & it’s currently #1 for girl #2.
[name]Tabitha[/name] – I like this, but am not sure about [name]Casper[/name] & [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]

My own two cents:
[name]Evie[/name] (fn [name]Evelyn[/name]) or [name]Edie[/name] (fn [name]Edith[/name])
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Millie[/name]

Gosh darn those husbands. They just don’t GET it, do they???

Well, I love [name]Casper[/name], and I agree [name]Cassidy[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] are just not options. So let’s work with what we’ve got.

[name]June[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] is lovely
[name]Josephine[/name] is one of my favorites, with lovely nicknames – [name]Posey[/name] / [name]Josie[/name]
Matlida’s pretty – would he like nn [name]Tilly[/name]?
[name]Tess[/name] – two thumbs up; one of my favorites, but my last name begins in “S” so I thought too much “s” sound.
[name]Eliza[/name] – gorgeous & I think it would be great with [name]Casper[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] – another favorite of mine.
I’m afraid [name]Briar[/name] & [name]Shiloh[/name] don’t make my shortlist.

Other suggestions I like:
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] – I am obsessed with this name & it’s currently #1 for girl #2.
[name]Tabitha[/name] – I like this, but am not sure about [name]Casper[/name] & [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]

My own two cents:
[name]Evie[/name] (fn [name]Evelyn[/name]) or [name]Edie[/name] (fn [name]Edith[/name])
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Millie[/name]