Pascale?

What do you think of [name_u]Pascale[/name_u]? I thought it was a GP for me, but it is one of the few names on my list that my husband would agree to.

I love [name_u]Pascale[/name_u]! It’s lovely as it, but [name_u]Paz[/name_u] would be a fun nickname too.

1 Like

I don’t mind it. It feels more like a surname to me but I am big on nicknames and I can’t think of a good nickname. [name_u]Pax[/name_u] maybe? It’s definitely useable.
Also [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] the Rascal :heart_eyes: or you may be pronouncing with the stressed EE ending.

1 Like

Hmm… I say pass-CAL and RAS-cull, so not quite a rhyme. For a nn Paz or Calla possibly. As a pet name I might call her Scallop lol🙈

The surnamey-ness sometimes bothers me, but usually not. It makes me think of an artist- probably because it reminds me of pastel. My husband likes it because it is a programming language.

2 Likes

Really lovely. Chic and understated, but nicely unexpected.

3 Likes

Pascale is fresh and distinct! I like it

2 Likes

I think it is a cool name, but it does remind me of the movie Tangled. I also prefer the spelling [name_m]Pascal[/name_m].

I work with someone called [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] so it feels very wearable to me! I don’t remember there being any problems with his name at work. He pronounces it pass-CUL.

Because of my real life association, it does lean masculine to me and I would probably first guess that a [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] was a boy but I actually love it on a girl! The nickname [name_f]Calla[/name_f]’s lovely. :heart:

I just finished a book where the main character had a daughter named [name_u]Pascale[/name_u], who was called [name_f]Callie[/name_f] as a nickname. I like it, not my personal style, but it is a good name.

1 Like

Pascal is strictly the boys, spelling isn’t it? The spelling is a little funny. When I Google [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] one of the first results is Pa. Scale, a Pennsylvania company that makes scales.

It’s gorgeous, one of my favorites! I think it sounds so elegant, artistic and cool.

1 Like

It’s only listed as a male spelling on Nameberry but it is listed as gender neutral on other sites. I prefer it because [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] might be mis-pronounced as Pas-Scale instead of Pas-CAL.

1 Like

I thought of it as an idea for my youngest son a couple years ago, but when I mentioned it to my husband, he had no idea it was used for men (he also had the same reaction to [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] ).

I knew it is traditionally a unisex name, but had never considered it for a girl. I was like mind blown Wow, if I picture [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] for a girl I get a totally different image like a little girl in chalk covered overalls, digging holes in the backyard to look for treasure, playing with bugs, hiding in the bushes when it is time to brush her hair. On a boy it seems more formal to me.

I definitely get similar vibes - on a girl, [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] feels carefree and playful. :sunflower:

Im a math nerd so [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]’s triangle comes to mind. I would assume its Pas-cal pronunciation not -cul. Oh this is on a girl. Interesting…

1 Like

Haha! He must be an interesting guy.

Yes, I say -cal like in [name_u]California[/name_u], too. I am always surprised that it seems like many people don’t realize that [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] is traditionally unisex (this spellingis mostly considered feminine), but that is the impression I keep getting.

There are so many things names after [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], that is part of what made me feel it was more of a GP, but I think think that is part of what my husband likes about the name.

1 Like

I like names like Pythagoras so I like [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] too lol I haven’t thought of it on a girl but it’s cool. I think of [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]’s Wager, [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]’s [name_m]Law[/name_m]/Principal, [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]’s Triangle, the SI unit for pressure, the programming language, and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]’s Theorem

Reminds me of that chameleon from Tangled.

I LOVE [name_u]Pascale[/name_u]! It feels very sunny and fun. I prefer the spelling [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] because when I see [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] I want to say it pas-SCALE but I’m slowing getting more used to the [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] spelling. I get that same exact imagery you get for the name for boys and girls, I think I slightly prefer it for girls. It’s so cute!

1 Like