Pasta names :)

I just did a Sporcle quiz on types of pasta (yeah, I have weird hobbies) and realized a lot of types of pasta have names that sound nice, not that I’d use them! Guilty pleasures for sure…

Acini [di pepe]
Campanelle
Capellini and Cavatelli (how cute would that be for twins!)
Conchiglie
Ditalini (nn [name_f]Dita[/name_f], adorable)
Farfalle
Gemelli
Mafalde (though this sounds more like an evil witch in a fairy tale)
Marille (alternative to [name_f]Marilla[/name_f]?)
Orecchiette
Pappardelle
Radiatore
Rotelle

My favourites are Orrecchiette, Pappardelle and Acini.

You’re just like a real life [name_f]Italy[/name_f] (Hetalia). And it could be so cool if children had pasta names.
“Hello, this is my son Farfalle”
“Oh how nice. This is my darling Mafalde”

The first name that popped into my mind was Semolina (the grain used for making pasta) :). The Italian version of [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is [name_f]Mafalda[/name_f] which is pretty close to the name on your list.

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one who thought about children named for pasta! I can totally imagine a boy named Spaghetti :). Crazy, right? Orrecchiette is pretty awesome too.

Farfalle (pronounced fahr-FAHR-leh) is totally beautiful as a girl’s name. It means “butterflies.”

Knowing how these are correctly pronounced, the only names I can see being used are Ditalini, Mafalde and Marille.

This thread made me laugh. :slight_smile: I know an [name_m]Alfredo[/name_m]. A very usable name though it’s a pasta sauce. [name_f]Do[/name_f] that count?

Oh I have done that before whilst looking at menus in restaurants [I don’t even know why I look as I am a creature of habit and have the same thing everytime]

These are my favourites from your list:
Ditalini (nn [name_f]Dita[/name_f], adorable)
Farfalle
Gemelli
Mafalde

You might like this list as it has Italian names on [Oh I just [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] Italian] http://https://nameberry.com/list/252/Italian-Word-Names?all=1

@mischa- Semolina is pretty too!
@[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]- haha I didn’t think anyone else would think of it either. Spaghetti, maybe not though :stuck_out_tongue:
@[name_f]Ebony[/name_f]- I don’t speak Italian but I think I know enough about how it sounds that I’m saying them correctly- would you mind giving me the pronunciations then?
@c@29- my uncle’s name is [name_m]Alfredo[/name_m]! he goes by [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] though
@whirligig- haha I should do that next time I’m at a restaurant! I definitely do see random words and think, oh that would be a cool name! I love [name_m]Massimo[/name_m], [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] and [name_f]Serenella[/name_f] from the list.