Pen Name Help

Hallo.

I am an aspiring author who hates how common her name is. I have a book getting close to be published, but I want to create a [name_u]Pen[/name_u] Name to use. However, I have no idea how to go about it…

A name I love right now is Enekai Moriarty, but I’m afraid to use at least the last name Moriarty because of it’s relationship with being [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] [name_m]Holmes[/name_m]'s arch-enemy. I mean, that is how I thought of it, but I quite like the meaning. It is supposed to mean “Skilled [name_m]Navigator[/name_m]”, but I take the meaning differently. Literal translation of the original Irish name (Ó Muircheartaigh) means “Skilled” and “Sea”. I am skilled at many things, I love the sea, and my genealogy leads back to [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. But I suppose “Skilled [name_m]Navigator[/name_m]” could work, just not on the ocean. I always have to tell people where they are and where to go. (:

Now I have no idea if Enekai has a meaning, as I got it from a word generator and fell in love with it as a name. Is someone does find the meaning (if any) I would love to hear it! (:

Thanks!

EDIT: As a few people mentioned, Enekai is a extremely unique, almost to the point where it wouldn’t work well, I have a few other names that would work better. Other names I like are Natalya and Alex. Both are much more common than Enekai, this would balance out the pen name.

I think it’s a little too different for a pen name. If you did something like… [name_f]Marina[/name_f] Moriarty or Enekai [name_m]Jones[/name_m] for example then there’s at least one name to ground the other and balance them out.

I agree with Renrose. The name is eye catching because it’s unusual, but unfamiliar and possibly hard to pronounce for some readers. If you’re dead set on using both, perhaps you could abbreviate it to E. Moriarty. You could also use your real first and last initials paired with Moriarty (Ex. A.B. Moriarty), or Enekai with your real last name.

[name_f]Monica[/name_f] Moriarty
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] Moriarty (unless you don’t wanna use a guy name but idk)
[name_f]Mildred[/name_f]
[name_m]Barnabus[/name_m]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
Emore
[name_f]Enna[/name_f]

I’ve already planned my pen name ( which is a fairly common name )if I did ever publish something (though that’s unlikely)

Thanks guys! I have added a few more common names that may work better, but I still need help deciding…

If you didn’t see, the names I added are [name_f]Natalya[/name_f] and [name_u]Alex[/name_u].