Pen Name Suggestions

Hi everyone! I have recently decided that I need a pen name. I write a lot of different genres, but mostly historical fiction. I want something catchy, and that doesn’t sound too old. If you have any suggestions of first or last names (or both!) let me know. Thanks guys!

Victoria [name_m]Holt[/name_m] was one of my favorite historical fiction (and gothic romance) writers when I was growing up. Her real name was [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_m]Burford[/name_m] Hibbert. She also went by pen names Phillippa Carr and [name_u]Jean[/name_u] Plaidy, [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_m]Percival[/name_m] and Ellalice [name_u]Tate[/name_u] amongst others. She always had amazing names for her characters. If I ever have a pen name I am stealing one from one of her books.

Here are a few:
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Linnet[/name_f], [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], [name_f]Christabel[/name_f], Fabel, Minella, [name_u]Carmel[/name_u], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f], [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f], [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], Phillippa, [name_f]Lettice[/name_f], [name_f]Tamarisk[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], Damask, [name_f]Violetta[/name_f], [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], Angelet, [name_f]Annora[/name_f], [name_f]Claudine[/name_f], [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], and many many more.

The last names are equally as delicious! Good luck finding your pen name!

1 Like

I like the idea of noelle, @drfox . Maybe [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]/Clare ([name_u]Clare[/name_u] looks more last name-y)
But I would like [name_f]Claire[/name_f]/Claire as a middle is that’s the route you want to go.

1 Like