Penn

Could I get Penn out of Spencer? Is it too far of a stretch? I love both names, so it would be great :slight_smile:
Does anyone have other suggestions to get Penn as a nickname?

I forgot to mention that its for a boy.

You could. It’s not a natural nn, but I could see it working if you really like it.

I like [name_m]Penn[/name_m] but I love [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] so I say no

I think it works. [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] nn [name_m]Penn[/name_m] is very cute, and although it might take a while I expect most people would get where it comes from.

I love [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], but have never liked [name_u]Spence[/name_u], so [name_m]Penn[/name_m] is a nice alternative. Might take a while for people to adjust to it, but if he introduces himself as [name_m]Penn[/name_m] then people will soon get the message :slight_smile:

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] nn [name_m]Penn[/name_m] is sooo cute and I love it! [name_m]Penn[/name_m] is not a nn that you would first think of for [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] but I think it fits well anyway :slight_smile:

[name_m]Penn[/name_m] is a great nickname for [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]! I’ve never thought about that nn before, but I love it!

I think it could definitely work as a nn for [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. I love [name_m]Penn[/name_m] on its own as well, a la [name_m]Penn[/name_m] Badgley.

Of course you can get the nn of [name_m]Penn[/name_m] from [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], it is a strong name.

rollo