Penny or Penelope?

Which name flows better:

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u]

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

• Last name is two syllables. [name_f]My[/name_f] mums name is [name_u]Penny[/name_u] so I would like to honour her, and I prefer to use her actual name which is [name_u]Penny[/name_u], but I feel like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] flows more… thoughts?
1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] look and flow

2 Likes

Adelaide Penny is cute! Especially if it honors your mom, I think you should go with it. Nothing is wrong with it’s flow either :slight_smile:

I do like the flow of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] better, but both are nice and both could honor your mother.

I prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] flow wise, but since [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is your preference, I think you should go with what you love the most! :slight_smile: Meaning always beats out flow for me.

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is lovely and unexpected

[name_u]Penny[/name_u] is adorable, and meaning feels more important to me than flow, so [name_f]Adelaine[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] gets my vote! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Athough I actually might prefer the flow of it anyway (and I definitely prefer the shorter combo length).

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I agree that [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] flows nicer. But [name_u]Penny[/name_u] feels more special, & [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] doesn’t sound bad at all. That gets my vote! :slight_smile:

I agree [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] flows better but I prefer [name_u]Penny[/name_u] and think you should use that it’s it’s your mums name. It still flows nicely and would be a lovely tribute.

I think [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] flows better, but [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is definitely not bad, you prefer it, and it would be a more direct honor for your mom. (Not that it matters, but I also like [name_u]Penny[/name_u] better. :blush:)

I really do love the flow of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], it’s both quirky and elegant :blush:

Agreed!!

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] flows nicely!

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is nice!

I think [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] flows better! it’s shorter and rolls off the tongue easier.

I prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but if [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is what you want and it’s an honour name then I think all flow issues etc are irrelevant and I would use [name_u]Penny[/name_u].

I actually think [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] flows better. I also think it’s more important to choose the name you prefer, not the one that flows best.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: