Percy as a girls name?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

My husband and I are expecting our second baby early [name_u]July[/name_u]. As we are both in the writing industry and both have obsessions with names, we are finding it very hard to come up with some names that we agree on. We both, however, really don’t like names that are too popular or short.

Our oldest child is a girl and she gets called [name_f]Bella[/name_f], so any names that end with [name_f]Bella[/name_f] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f] are out for us.

A name that we found for a girl that we both love is [name_u]Percy[/name_u], but only as a nickname. Are there any girls names that can be shortened to [name_u]Percy[/name_u]?

We are open to all name suggestions! Thank you!

The only girl name I can think of that would open up the possibility of [name_u]Percy[/name_u] as a nickname would be [name_f]Persephone[/name_f].

Percha
Persa (Persie)
[name_u]Persia[/name_u] (Persie)
Percilla
Perlayce/Perlace
Pershel/Pershela (Persie)

Persimmon
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Persis[/name_f]
Pearlescence
[name_f]Esperance[/name_f] or [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f]
[name_f]Temperance[/name_f]
Vespers or [name_f]Vespera[/name_f]
Percipience
Perspicacity
Percette
[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_f]Prudence[/name_f] or [name_f]Prudencia[/name_f]
Perseverance
Perseia
[name_f]Persephassa [/name_f]
Larkspur
[name_f]Pureza[/name_f]

Congrats!
I definitely love the name [name_u]Percy[/name_u] for your baby girl. I think it feels new and is a bold and is a very pretty choice.
If you and your husband are looking to use is as a nickname instead you could possibly consider:

Persophone
Percia
[name_f]Persis[/name_f]

If you would both rather use it as your daughter’s full name that work be lovely just the same!!
Congrats again :slight_smile: I hope this was helpful

1 Like

Persida
Perseis
Perseida
[name_f]Temperance[/name_f] ?

Hi,
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] your girl is three years old by now :grinning: Our second daughter’s name is [name_f]Persis[/name_f] and her nick name is [name_u]Percy[/name_u]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] calling her with those names and she’s is a joy of our family. She is in her late teen now.

I like the suggestions of [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_u]Persia[/name_u]. The only other one I could come up with is Purslane.