Pet name thread 🐾

Okay, so I know this technically belongs to another category but I know that a lot of people don’t really look around in the category for pets that much.
Since our pets are also or fur BABIES I just thought it would be cute to hear everyones fur family names, the ones past or present.

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: Also furless babies, fin babies, feather babies, scale babies, etc!
[name_f]My[/name_f] current fur babies are:

[name_m]Moby[/name_m] :rabbit:
[name_f]Lula[/name_f] :rabbit:
[name_u]Toby[/name_u] :rabbit:
[name_u]Penny[/name_u] :rabbit:
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] :cat:
[name_f]Maybelline[/name_f] :cat:
[name_m]Kip[/name_m] :tropical_fish:

6 Likes

~ [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] :dog2:
~ [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] :dog2:
~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] :cat2: (This was her name when we got her and I always feel bad changing their names when they’re old enough to know/respond to them so we kept it.)
~ [name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_u]Diaz[/name_u] 🐈‍⬛ (named by my son after a character on the show [name_f]Star[/name_f] vs the Forces of Evil), he died this past spring really unexpectedly.

1 Like

All the pets we’ve ever had have been called…

Zoe (:dog:)
Sadie (:cat:)
Nemo (:tropical_fish: x3… he died a few times, oops!)
Marcus & Taylor (twin :tropical_fish: named by my then 5-year-old sister!)
Thaddeus (:tropical_fish:)
Honey (foster :dog:)
Ruby (:dog:) ~ the only pet we currently have! We love her to bits!

1 Like

Right now I only have the one :cat2: , his name is [name_m]Montague[/name_m] “Monty.” He is my profile picture.

I am planning on getting [name_m]Monty[/name_m] a fur brother or sister fairly soon, and have a list of possible kitty names picked out.

[name_f]My[/name_f] three longtime childhood pets all passed (of old age, they lived good long and happy lives but are missed) in the last 2-3 years, and their names were:
—Baby 🐈‍⬛
—Tommy :dog:
—Sammy :dog:

A decent number of years ago, my siblings also had two :hamster: named Hammy and [name_f]Edie[/name_f].

And there were many childhood fish, too many to list.

1 Like

Currently we have:

Leonardo & Galileo :rabbit2: :rabbit2:
Fyodor (aka Fyodog) & Simba :dog2: :dog2:
Ares :lizard:

Ares is an axolotl, but there’s no emoji for that :sweat_smile: My husband and I have named the rabbits, my brother named Fyodor and Ares, Simba was already named this when my brother adopted him.

5 Likes

I currently only have one pet, a little doggo named Tacy :sparkling_heart:

I used to have three aquatic turtles named Poseidon, Triton and Undertow, which are probably the greatest trio of turtles to ever exist.

2 Likes

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] “Fifi” the female cat :cat:-I didn’t name her (she passed when I was 6 months old) but I love it.

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] the male beta fish-I named him when I was 3 or 4. I think he was named after Elmo’s fish. His middle name`was Boyde so people knew he was a boy.

[name_u]London[/name_u] the female dachshund mix-She came with the name and she had lived with it for 5 years, so we kept it. She was part of a city themed litter.

[name_m]Larry[/name_m] the mutt-He came with the name, and although he hadn’t had it for too long, he made a really good [name_m]Larry[/name_m]. He is the dog I have now.

2 Likes

I have a hammy named [name_m]Mylo[/name_m] (see profile pic for cuteness) :hamster: :sparkling_heart:

[name_f]My[/name_f] past hammies were named Hammy (male), [name_u]Prince[/name_u] (officially [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_m]Jake[/name_m] I), [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] (male, formerly Princess), [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] & [name_u]Oreo[/name_u] (female) :hamster: :hamster: :hamster: :hamster: :hamster:

I also had guinea pigs named [name_m]Zack[/name_m] & [name_u]Cody[/name_u], a budgie named [name_u]Joey[/name_u] (who I recently learned was female), and a few goldfish who had names like Bubbles (there may have been 2 or 3 with this name), Splash, [name_f]Goldie[/name_f], Flipper & [name_f]Aqua[/name_f] (maybe?)

[name_u]Ripley[/name_u] :hedgehog: :two_hearts:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] boys are [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] :dog: & [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u] :snake:.

current: [name_f]Luna[/name_f] & [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] :heart:

rip:
[name_f]Misty[/name_f]
[name_f]Bijoux[/name_f]
[name_f]Eevee[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] fur babies living with my family in the states are:
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] :dog:
[name_u]Beckham[/name_u] :dog:

Our previous dogs were named [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] host family in [name_f]France[/name_f] also has a fur baby:
Biscuit / PiĹĄkotek :cat: (bis-quee in [name_u]French[/name_u], and pish-ko-tek in Slovenian. He goes by both!)

1 Like

I used to have a hermit crab named [name_u]Sandy[/name_u] and a dog named [name_u]Holly[/name_u].

1 Like

I have [name_m]Quigley[/name_m], who is my cat that I named. I wanted a name that I wouldn’t use for a child and was a little silly, and he was born on St. Patrick’s day so I picked an Irish last name for him :slight_smile:
[name_f]My[/name_f] “step-dog” is called [name_f]Cora[/name_f] which I love even though I was not involved in choosing the name!

1 Like

rn i have freddie :orange_heart::dog2: named after freddie mercury.
we’ve always said with my brother that his full name is farrokh lobo ‘freddie’. since well freddie mercury’s birth name was farrokh. and lobo because it means wolf in spanish and we always thought he looked like a tiny wolf :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

and before him i only had a bird about 10 years ago, named lio :dove: after leo messi (he was going by lio bc of lionel at that time)

i want one or two cats when i live alone, i’d name them billie (after billie joe armstrong) & ziggy (after david bowie) to continue the honor celebrity name theme :blue_heart:

3 Likes

my cat is hugo potato! we have also had zipcode, babbo, milan, buddy, curry, and woody allen (i was a big fan of his humour writing in elementary school and didn’t know about the general grossness)

my family and i have two dogs named sadie and benedict ‘benny’,
they had two litters of puppies, the one pup we kept a little longer than the others was named snjĂłr (meaning snow in icelandic!) :heartpulse:

names of the puppies before they sold!

dwight
michael
lucy
gracie
duke
evelyn
gorilla
bea
big mike
blythe
pebbles
lola
jasper
roger
stevie

i named some and my younger brothers named some!

Our furbabies over the rainbow bridge:
Mojo [name_u]Jojo[/name_u]: my eldest brother named him and convinced my mom to keep him bc he had the letter ‘M’ on his forehead and it stood for “Mark’s Cat.” Mojo was either named [name_u]Power[/name_u] Puff Girls or [name_u]Austen[/name_u] [name_m]Powers[/name_m]. The other name option was; [name_m]Mario[/name_m]. But sadly just two years ago, we had to give him up to a neighbor, due to not being able to take care of him, he was 18 y/o.
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]: my dad’s friend found him abandoned in the desert, due to being from a puppy mill and couldn’t reproduce pups. When my parents met the pup with big sad brown eyes, he and my mom locked eyes, and at the moment, she knew that was her dog. And after getting [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], and his surgery to lengthen his life span, my mom named him [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] bc before he was washed up, he looked like a “scrappy” dog, but after he cleaned up, his nn was [name_u]Charles[/name_u], but I affectionately called Eeyore . He lived for 12 years.
[name_m]Buddy[/name_m]: we got him at PetSmart’s adoption event. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom knew he had to be part of the family, and with some convincing my dad, they got him right as the shelter was packing everything up, my mom yelled; “you have my dog in there!” He passed on almost a year ago and lived for 16 years.

Current furbaby:
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] Moonpie: I got this dog at almost midnight in a parking lot from a lady on Craigslist, yeah I know not the smartest decision, and it took me about thirty minutes to name her on the car ride it was between these two names; [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] (honorable mentions; [name_m]Little[/name_m] Bit, [name_u]Bean[/name_u], [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Millie[/name_f] Rose). But she just seemed like a [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] to all of us. And Moonpie came from my mom, since we got her on a full moon night. She’s about 9 months old.

[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] :dog:

4 Likes

my :dog2: is montague “monty” too !!

1 Like