Pet Names

[name]Just[/name] Interested in what people have called their pets, I am a bit obsessed with pet names. We always joke about living in a farm because we have 3 cats, 1 dog and 2 bunny rabbits. They’re called

dog: [name]Lucille[/name] ([name]Lucy[/name])
cat: [name]Florence[/name] ([name]Flo[/name])
cat: [name]Evangeline[/name] ([name]Evie[/name])
cat: Bonnett ([name]Bonnie[/name])
bunny: [name]Mackenzie[/name] ([name]Mac[/name] or [name]Kenzie[/name])
bunny: Ballington (Bally)

Fun!

My pet’s names, past and present:
[name]Beauregard[/name] ([name]Bo[/name]) - Dog
[name]Christie[/name] - Dog
[name]Rosie[/name] - Hamster
Piglet - Hamster
Sweetie - [name]Cat[/name]
[name]Tiny[/name] - [name]Tiny[/name]
Pooh - [name]Cat[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] - [name]Cat[/name]

Now I must explain Sweetie and [name]Tiny[/name]'s rather unimaginative names. I rescued them as abandoned kittens (I was a kid at the time) and was told by my parents we would not be keeping them so I gave them temporary names. A few weeks passed and my parents gave in however I didn’t have the heart to change their names at that point. What’s funnier though is that I decided to give them middle names! The middle names didn’t really stick (go figure) but I believe Sweetie’s was [name]Taylor[/name] and I can’t remember what I used for [name]Tiny[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]!

CURRENT
[name]Cooper[/name] - Dog
[name]Findlay[/name] “[name]Fin[/name]” - Dog

PAST
Budvar “[name]Buddy[/name]” - Dog
Hoegaarden “Hogie” - Dog
Beechwood “Beechie” - Dog

And, we’ve dabbled in fish, with some being called Phooey (a [name]Beta[/name]), [name]Topanga[/name] (a koi), and Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayonnaise! We’ve got about 25 fish, so we didn’t bother to name most of them…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] pet names!

Past & Present:

[name]Gretchen[/name]- min daschund
[name]Nixie[/name]- min daschund
[name]Shadow[/name]- dog
[name]Sandy[/name] Falcore- dog (looked like Falcore…the flying dog dragon from Neverending [name]Story[/name])
[name]Hank[/name] [name]Williams[/name]- dog
[name]Mystery[/name]- cat
Dusk- cat
[name]Lola[/name]- dog
JezeBella or [name]Bella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]- min daschund (if she’s bad she’s Jezebella, if she’s sweet she’s [name]Bella[/name] [name]Grace[/name])
[name]Beta[/name] [name]Fish[/name]: Vader

I have 2 dogs, [name]Millicent[/name] ([name]Millie[/name]) and [name]Dorothy[/name] ([name]Dot[/name]/ [name]Dotti[/name]).
I love their names but sometimes I wish I had reserved them for children. Oh well, just means I have to get more creative.

I have 2 dogs, [name]Millicent[/name] ([name]Millie[/name]) and [name]Dorothy[/name] ([name]Dot[/name]/ [name]Dotti[/name]).
I love their names but sometimes I wish I had reserved them for children. Oh well, just means I have to get more creative.

I only have 1 dog named Roxlynne ([name]Roxi[/name])

:slight_smile:

I have a cat named [name]Ned[/name].

Our old family cats were [name]Elvis[/name] and [name]Memphis[/name].

We used to have hamsters, I don’t remember all their names but mine were Caramel and [name]Galaxy[/name]…mmm.

My family has two cats, [name]Zak[/name] and [name]Emme[/name]. I choose to spell them this way though my mom and sister prefer [name]Zach[/name] and [name]Emmy[/name], I reserve fun spellings for my pets only :slight_smile: We also have a fish named [name]Bartlett[/name]. I’m dying for a dog when I get my own apartment. My favorite name for a puppy is Zip (boy) or Peanut (girl).

Currently:
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Marta[/name] - dog, she came with the name and seemed to fit her so I kept it.
[name]Joey[/name] Osito - cat (Osito is little bear in Spanish)

[name]Both[/name] pets needed Spanish names when DH and I were practicing Spanish for a trip so they got middle names.

Past - for a while I named pets after towns in [name]Colorado[/name]
[name]Dillion[/name] - dog
[name]Denver[/name] - cat
[name]Prescott[/name] - duck
I can’t remember any others.
I also had a dog named [name]Tiffany[/name]… I was 12 and got her when [name]Tiffany[/name] the singer had just been popular.

PRESENT
[name]Lilli[/name]- dog
[name]Tomas[/name]- dog
[name]Suki[/name]- cat (previously owned by a Japanese couple, who gave her the name meaning ‘moon’)

PAST
[name]Sam[/name]- dog (girl)
[name]Max[/name]- cat (way before [name]Max[/name] became so popular)

Past Cats:

• Roquel Roads (AKA Roqui, pron [name]Rocky[/name])
  • Keekster [name]Matilda[/name] (AKA [name]KiKi[/name])
  • [name]Persephone[/name] (AKA Persi)
  • Mademoiselle Gris (AKA Mlle, Pron. [name]Millie[/name])
  • [name]Layla[/name]

Current kitty: [name]Phoebe[/name] BooBoo (BooBoo was added later :P)

At the moment, we have:
Miss [name]Trixie[/name] (cat) - yes, I know it sounds like a hooker name lol
[name]Buster[/name] [name]Brown[/name] (choc. lab) - named him this because my dad works for [name]Brown[/name] Shoe
[name]Dakota[/name] (male golden retriever) - he was born in South [name]Dakota[/name], hence the name.

Past pets:
[name]Zoe[/name] (dog) - when I was 4 I thought she looked like [name]Zoe[/name] from [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name]
Snickers (guinea pig) - my guinea pig, and he was colored like a Snickers bar
Oreo (guinea pig) - my little brother’s, he wanted to name him Pee Wee, but since he was black and white I convinced him to name it Oreo
[name]Tigger[/name] “Tiggy” (dog) - she bounced a lot

Those are only the ones with good names and/or stories.
My mom and I have thought about getting a French bulldog and naming it [name]Sophie[/name], but my dad doesn’t want another dog.

I’ve only ever owned cats, but my family likes to give our cats first and middle names. At least the most recent ones…not all of them have middle names. Here they are:

PRESENT
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Jones[/name] [name]Jr[/name]., nn [name]Indiana[/name]/[name]Indy[/name]
[name]Michael[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], nn [name]Mikey[/name]
[name]Lilly[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

PAST
[name]Duffy[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name], nn [name]Timmy[/name]
[name]Robert[/name], nn [name]Bob[/name] [died as a kitten :-(]
Twins, [name]Bob[/name] and [name]Ray[/name] [named in tribute to Bob #1]
Margaret, nn Maggie
Rocky

I miss lots of the past ones :-/ but I love all of them!

Additionally, one of my friends has 10 cats currently, and names them really really interesting names. Such as Pablo, because he has strange dots that make him look like he has eyes in different places and an ear missing, and Ler, named because he looks like he has exactly half of a HitLER mustache. Some of the names of his cats are just awesome because of how obscure but related to the animal they are.

[name]Love[/name] my pets’ names.
Beetlebomb - one of my cat’s kittens. We had to give him away. He was born when I was around eleven. He was gray and white.
Buffalo Head - a guinea pig
[name]Cherry[/name] - a rat
[name]Evelyn[/name] - another kitten. She was a [name]Calico[/name].
[name]Henry[/name] - an armadillo
[name]Moses[/name] nn Mokie - my kitty. He is a gray tiger with stripes and spots. He looks like he’s wearing a tuxedo, gloves, and spats.
[name]Roxanne[/name] - my doggy that died. She was so pretty. She was a Lab/Chow mix with a partially black tongue. All she ever did was look at me and smile. She followed me everywhere and got long black fur all over the house!
[name]Wally[/name] - a cat I had when I was young. He was white with black spots. He looked like a cow.