Pick your penname!

annie lively and meg lively are so adorable!! i love lively <3 it fits you so well !!

1 Like

Ok that’s awesome, sounds like the names of an gothic novel author

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] style is really gothic

1 Like

Hmmn I already have “blue” in my fanfiction user name so maybe I’ll spinoff from that… [name_u]Azure[/name_u] Bennett…? :woman_shrugging:t2: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to mention, there’s an author who goes by the name of Dusti Bowling, which I think is so cool, especially since her books revolve around the Wild West : )

(Her reference is the Dust Bowls of the Great Depression)

1 Like

I actually have a penname I’ve used/am using for short articles/stories and poetry I’ve had published over the years. When deciding in it I had two others in mind (Nora [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] Lavender). [name_f]My[/name_f] idea was to pick something taht was a bit old-fashioned like my own first name (Helen) but with a much spunkier and more memorable surname than mine or my maiden name (Stewart/Johnson). I did ultimately decide on something that was actually related to my name (think along the lines of [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or Elain) with a middle initial that matched on of my own and a surname a bit more “name-y” sounding than [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] was.

1 Like

i’m not sure! i should probably make one!

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], I’m nonbinary and I just like this name. Would actually change my name to this, but it’s too expensive to do so

1 Like

Emerson is so cool!

i know there are ways to get grants to change your name, usually through lgbtq+ centers - maybe you could pursue that?

1 Like