Picked a name for my MC but now I'm having second thoughts

!!!WARNING LONG POST!!!

I’ve committed to a first and middle for my protagonist. Her name is [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] but I’m not sure if it sounds right. It looks absolutely beautiful and I’m completely in love with the [name_f]Carina[/name_f] part of her name and the meaning of ‘[name_f]Parisa[/name_f]’ (like a fairy or angel depending on who you ask) but as I’ve gotten to know my [name_f]Carina[/name_f], I’m not entirely sure if it’s the right fit. I’ve been battling with middle names for a long time and [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] is the only one that I’ve stuck with for more than a week (meaning about two months). [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], Rosangel and [name_f]Laila[/name_f] are three beautiful names that I’ve found that fit my criteria which is that it has to either be [name_u]French[/name_u] or Italian in origin and mean angel or something similar to that.

Appearance if that helps

Black hair, sometimes described as raven black
Her hair is either very long or very short. Ranging from knee length to chin
[name_u]Grey[/name_u], stormy grey
Very pale skin

Personality if that helps

She’s been sorted into Gryffindor but she’s more of a Gryffinpuff.
[name_f]Carina[/name_f] only follows the rules when it suits her or when she’ll get severely punished if she doesn’t
She judges people on their beliefs and if they can stand up for what is important
She always seems happy but she’s a huge swirling mass of emotions
She gets easily upset
Sometimes judges people based on others’ experiences with them
She tries so hard to be good but sometimes she snaps and yells and screams and tries to lash out at everything around her
She is ruthless, she can rip apart people with her words if she’s in the mood which sometimes she is in the mood a lot of the time
[name_f]Carina[/name_f]’s also ambitious. She knows that her parents will not allow her to do certain things but she is twisting their requirements the best that she can to become the person she knows that they would hate more than anything

Sorry about the long post. Thank you all!!

1 Like

I think your name is fine! It think it suit her perfectly.

Okay! Thanks for replying :grin:

It seems perfect to me as well!

Okay!!

1 Like

She has a beautiful name and it suits her perfectly!

Thank you!!

Thanks!

It’s an absolutely lovely name, but if it doesn’t fit the character, maybe try a last name that acts as an oxymoron? Like if she’s not the angel type then use a last name that has roots in darkness and evil. [name_u]Or[/name_u] if you love the sound of [name_f]Parisa[/name_f], change it a bit to fit the sound you want and make an obvious reference to her name meaning angel. Maybe her mom could remind her or she tells a new friend who asks about her beautiful name.

[name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] is a beautiful name! I had a hard time finding names that met both the requirements for the meaning and the origin, but here are some names I gathered that fit at least one or the other.

Names that fit the meaning
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_m]Raziel[/name_m]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelique[/name_f]
Rosangel (this one fits both criteria!)
[name_f]Angelette[/name_f] (so does this one)
[name_f]Angelisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariangela[/name_f] (means “rebel angel” which is extremely cool)
[name_f]Aniela[/name_f]
[name_f]Dina[/name_f]
[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Siofra[/name_f]
[name_f]Michaela[/name_f]
[name_f]Mitra[/name_f]
[name_f]Arella[/name_f]
[name_f]Anahera[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanina[/name_f]
[name_f]Celine[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_u]Halo[/name_u] (maybe a little obvious haha but I think it’s pretty)

Names that fit the origin
[name_f]Euphrasie[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] (means “sun” which is kind of in the same ballpark as angel)
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] (means “flower”)
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] (means “pure”)
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] (means “pledged to God”)
Luciana/Lucienne (means “light”)
[name_f]Oriane[/name_f] (means “sunrise”)
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (means “light”)
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f] (also means “light”)
[name_f]Gia[/name_f] (“God’s gracious gift”)
[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f]
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestina[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped!