Piper has been on the list for a while now

[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name] ([name]Chloe[/name] is my granddaughter) will have a brother or sister in [name]April[/name] so my DD is looking for a girl’s name, [name]Piper[/name] is a favourite of hers.

I think [name]Piper[/name] would be better in the mn spot because stylistically it goes with [name]Skye[/name] more than [name]Chloe[/name], the other name that my DD likes is below so you can get a feel for her naming style which I would call a mix of classic and modern.

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]

I have suggested hundreds of names to her but I keep drawing a blank so can you wonderful girls think of something that she may like which I feel is a short, feminine name not too frilly or too old lady?

I hope you can bear with me seeing as we have a long time to go before THE decision has to be made.

PS I am very fortunate in that my DD likes me to suggest names to her but the trouble is that she can’t find many she likes and her DH is the veto king so not much progress is being made.

We can’t go with names like [name]Juliet[/name] because of last name [name]Walter[/name] too many ‘t’'s.

I personally don’t like [name]Piper[/name] [name]Walter[/name] because both names end in “er”.

Short, feminine, not too frilly or “old lady”…

[name]Chloe[/name] and:

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] (share’s [name]Chloe[/name]'s ending sound, though)
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] (may be too frilly)
[name]Gemma[/name] (unheard of in the US, but apparently dated in the U.K.)
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]

Take care, [name]Rollo[/name]! :slight_smile:

When I saw your list [name]Jill[/name] I realised that some of the names are ones that DD has said she likes eg, [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name], so I can see that [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Isla[/name] may have a chance.

I love [name]Blythe[/name] esp and [name]Daphne[/name] is of Greek roots so I like that with [name]Chloe[/name] but like you not sure because of similar ending. What do others think about same ending?

Can you think of combos for [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Lila[/name] goes with [name]Walter[/name]?

What do you think of [name]Maia[/name]? I just thought of it and I think it sounds great with [name]Walter[/name] wdyt?

[name]TIA[/name]

When I saw your list [name]Jill[/name] I realised that some of the names are ones that DD has said she likes eg, [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name], so I can see that [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Isla[/name] may have a chance.

I love [name]Blythe[/name] esp and [name]Daphne[/name] is of Greek roots so I like that with [name]Chloe[/name] but like you not sure because of similar ending. What do others think about same ending?

Can you think of combos for [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Lila[/name] goes with [name]Walter[/name]?

What do you think of [name]Maia[/name]? I just thought of it and I think it sounds great with [name]Walter[/name] wdyt?

[name]TIA[/name][/quote]

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Walter[/name] (to honor Grandma) :slight_smile:
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Walter[/name] (popular, as you know)
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Walter[/name] (ditto)

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Walter[/name] (floral theme, which she may not like)
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Walter[/name]

(Yes, I like [name]Lila[/name] with [name]Walter[/name], and think it’s great with [name]Chloe[/name]!) :slight_smile:

[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Walter[/name] (for you, [name]Rollo[/name]) :slight_smile:
[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Walter[/name]

I think it’s great that she may like [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Isla[/name], and some of the others.

I’m excited to see what she picks! :slight_smile:

I love you [name]Jill[/name] if it was up to you there would be a [name]Caroline[/name], thanks so much. I don’t expect it but I would be ecstatic if they did use my name in the middle.

Thanks for all the suggestions I will pass them on!

You’re welcome, [name]Rollo[/name]! Yep, I [name]LOVE[/name] your name, and am all for [name]Caroline[/name] in the middle! I hope your daughter likes the idea!

Take care! :slight_smile:

The short list is now

[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]

Boys
[name]Harrison[/name]

I love [name]Piper[/name] immensely! One of my faves! I would use it as a fn and the combo’s [name]Piper[/name] [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Piper[/name] are both adorable!

I really love that combo I have never thought of it.

[name]Do[/name] you have a [name]Gemma[/name] combo too?