Pipsan and Poet?

I came across the name Pipsan in a [name_f]Tove[/name_f] [name_m]Jansson[/name_m] novel (The [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Book). She is called “[name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_m]Pip[/name_m]” for short, which is kind of adorable. I think it is an uncommon Finnish name. What are your thoughts?

Also, what do you think of [name_f]Poet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]? I am looking for something that will fit nicely with [name_u]Scout[/name_u] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] (my daughter). I like shorter first names with feminine [name_m]French[/name_m] middles.

I love [name_f]Poet[/name_f] and have for decades. [name_f]Poet[/name_f], [name_u]Story[/name_u], and [name_u]Fable[/name_u] have a very special meaning to my extended family and makes me think of my wonderful late grandma. [name_f]Poet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f] is pretty and I feel it goes very well with [name_u]Scout[/name_u] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. I find myself wanting to reverse the order though, [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f] [name_f]Poet[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u].

I have never heard of Pipsan. I do not think I am feeling the name. [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_m]Pip[/name_m] is very sweet as a nickname though.

I love [name_f]Poet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]! It’s really fresh and strikes a nice balance, I think. And [name_u]Scout[/name_u] and [name_f]Poet[/name_f] are really cute together. I almost feel that [name_u]Scout[/name_u] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Poet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f] are a bit formulic–occupation names that are hot for girls, plus an elfish [name_m]French[/name_m] girls’ name that’s less popular than its English variant ([name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]) that both have the same rhythm and end in -lie. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t get me wrong, I love [name_f]Poet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]… it just seems like you need something a bit different. If it doesn’t bother you, though, then [name_f]Poet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f] easily gets my vote. I love it.

I’m not too familiar with Pipsan, either, and I can’t really say I’m a fan. I like [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] much better, personally.

Thanks for the opinions. I agree that [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f] are a bit too alike. I am having some trouble finding a middle I like as much as [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f] (maybe [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f]…but same problem). [name_f]Allouette[/name_f] and [name_f]Fabienne[/name_f] are on my list.

Hm… Pipsan really reminds me of pepsin, the stomach enzyme. [name_m]Pip[/name_m] is cute though, but it is more of a nick. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] or is it too Middleton? [name_f]Poet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f] and [name_u]Scout[/name_u] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] are almost like twin-names. Too similar in my humble opinion.

I think [name_f]Tove[/name_f] is a fabulous name. [name_f]Love[/name_f] love the Moomintroll books. My is a lovely name too. [name_f]Lilla[/name_f] My…

Some [name_m]French[/name_m] middles:
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
Clémence
[name_f]Claudette[/name_f]
[name_f]Ana[/name_f]ïs
[name_f]Mirielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilou[/name_f]
[name_f]Capucine[/name_f]

Or, drumroll… You could use the [name_m]French[/name_m] name Épiphanie (or even just [name_f]Epiphany[/name_f]) with the nickname [name_m]Pip[/name_m]. I think it’s quite a wonderful name, lightly Christmasy because of the Twelfth [name_m]Night[/name_m] but with the double meaning of a brilliant realization. Kind of cute with [name_u]Scout[/name_u] too… you’d have a “searching and finding” theme.