Pirate Names

I’m making a Pirate Names list and so far I have [name]Jack[/name], Hook, and [name]Silver[/name]. The list won’t accept the name Smee. Can you think of more fun pirate names to put on my list?

Well, Hook’s first name was [name]James[/name], IIRC, and then there’s [name]Edward[/name] Teach, (Blackbeard), [name]Anne[/name] [name]Bonny[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], Barbarossa (meaning [name]Red[/name] Beard), ad these:
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Butler[/name] - English Pirate
[name]Jan[/name] de Bouff - Dutch Pirate
[name]Tobias[/name] [name]Bridge[/name] - English Pirate
[name]Enrique[/name] Brower - Dutch Pirate
[name]John[/name] Calles - English Pirate
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Easton[/name] - English Pirate
[name]Daniel[/name] Elfrith - English Pirate
[name]John[/name] Nutt - English Pirate
[name]Grace[/name] O’[name]Malley[/name] - Irish Pirate
[name]John[/name] [name]Ward[/name] - English Pirate
[name]John[/name] [name]Morris[/name] - English
[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Paine[/name] - English
[name]Richard[/name] Sawkins - English
[name]Bartholomew[/name] [name]Sharp[/name] - English

Here’s a grand link for you: http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/famous-pirates.htm

Thanks [name]Lola[/name]!

And New Orleans’ favorite pirate: [name]Jean[/name] Lafitte!

[name]Lola[/name], I wish you would make a [name]Gypsy[/name] Names List and then tell us how to look it up. I know it would be so cool!

I’ll work on that now, then, [name]Susan[/name]. Rromani people are completely fascinating, there’s wide speculation in the family that Great Grandpa [name]Cosmo[/name] was Rromani/Rroma. His speech fits what we know about the culture as well as his looks (dark haired, dark eyed and swarthy). So I’m going through things now but it’s looking as though I may have a very distant link to “[name]Gypsy[/name]” culture through him. Let me see what I can dig up.If you don’t se me active here today, you now know what I’m up to!

Alright, I’m pretty much giving up.
It seems as though Rromas, because of large-scale prejudice, they’d adopt whatever names were locally popular, to blend in. There’s still large scale problems the Rroma face and as such, keep their culture hidden to a large degree. Some things are finally starting to come out and I’ve found a few names of heroes of the Rroma, [name]Panna[/name] is the lone girl name I could find, and from the guys, normal things, like [name]Janos[/name] & [name]Ian[/name] show up but I also found things like: Lanyi, Belo & [name]Antal[/name]. But otherwise, it’s all ordinary names for whatever larger culture they’re in. It’s really, really sad, their situation and I’m starting to see why even Great Grandpop simply said he was Greek.

Oh, that’s really sad, [name]Lola[/name]! I have a super great great great grandmother who was a [name]Gypsy[/name], but I don’t know what her name was. Maybe you could make a list kind of like a [name]Gypsy[/name] list that has all your fave names on it. It could be Bohemian Names or something fun like that.

You can see the Pirate Names List if you look up [name]Bart[/name]. Scroll down to find it.

Thanks, I’ll work on that then. And I’ll check out the pirate list!